openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi All,
    my new NAS hardware has 2 LAN port (2.5G and 1G), so i want to do link aggregation with them, which connected to a DD WRT router (it also support 802.3ad at port 3 and 4)
    however, i read in the OMV document that SMB and other applications are not support multiple path. so individual SMB file transfer speed still limited to single interface speed.
    my question is will the link aggregation benefit in multiple applications scenario, like SMB and bit torrent (Transmission Client)?
  • New

Hi,

i am trying to install open-vm-tools on OMV 4.1.34 on ESXI 6.7.

I did:

apt-get update

apt-get install open-vm-tools

And at the end it shows the following:

Source Code

1. .
    2. .
    3. .
    4. Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u4) ...
    5. Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u12) ...
    6. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f91101f5598>
    7. Traceback (most recent call last):
    8. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    9. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    10. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f91101f5598>
    11. Traceback (most recent call last):
  • New

Hi to everyone.

I am new to openmediavault. I just switch from free nas.

I have managed to install the omv just fine 505 version and it vorks great on my system when configuring only a single drive and sharing.

Now I am having a problem with creating a raid 6barray. The resync speed is terrible low 59kb and it's stuck at 4% for 2 days now.
    On my freenas system the raid card was working perfectly with transfer speeds of up to 120 mbs

Can anyone give me any help with this?

My sistem is ryzen 2200g, 32gb ram. 120gb ssd for operating system, raid ls 9210 i8 hba raid card controlling 8 2gb seagete consumer grade drives.

Please help

Thanks

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Folder Tree Confusion

Kai

Error in samba usul -> please help

liberodark

My /etc/resolv.conf gets rewritten periodically

striscio

clamav error WARNING: Istat() failed on

draddy

Setting a folder for Plex Media Server - public or private

tinh_x7

Recent Activities

• Kai -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Folder Tree Confusion.

• liberodark -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Error in samba usul -> please help.

Hi check your log and your journal see the conf if is correct.
  • striscio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My /etc/resolv.conf gets rewritten periodically.

I tried your suggestion @ryecoaaron and tried the docker way. Then I had another issue because I already have a bridged interface on my OMV used by qemu and it seemed to me I was unable to use macvlan on docker... Then I read that I can install pihole on…
  • liberodark -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Folder Tree Confusion.

Is not easy for reply have make ask but no reply after 2 days im alone :D Ok for your ask is pretty simple that depend of your configuration and your folder shared. you have make a dedicated folder or not ? you have make a simply a share on you windows…
  • draddy -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) clamav error WARNING: Istat() failed on.

Quote from draddy: “ have i to add the clamav user to a group? or how to set rights that clamav can work (all my shares are root r/w users r/w others no access) ” say it in first post - also clamav is only member of clamav - is it "save" to add…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting a folder for Plex Media Server - public or private.

You can create two folders: 1 private, 1 public Set ACL permissions for the private folder just for you and root.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) clamav error WARNING: Istat() failed on.

I can not reproduce this on my test system. After applying and reloading the Apparmor profile i can successfully scan my shared folder. Clamd is running as user clamav, no special privileges has been added to the share. I think your ACL settings have…
  • liberodark -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to join two AD ?.

• liberodark -

OK that is not a tutorial is my experience returns. Now have two LDAP but dont see users in OMV but. If you run id user from ldap 1 or 2 is work. same for getent passwd user ldap 1 or 2 is work
  • liberodark -

Have make this : # Install Deps Shell-Script (3 lines) need to edit krb5 : Shell-Script (39 lines) # Join LDAP 1 Shell-Script (1 line) # Join LDAP 2 Shell-Script (1 line) need to edit sssd.conf : Shell-Script (43 lines) That work for add two…