openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I have a rather strange problem if you can help out please respond. Server specification i3 processor – 4Gb of memory – 1.5 Tb Sata Western Digital storage – MSI 7677 mobo. 80Gb Sata LapTop drive for the OS 5.0.5.
    Installed Open media vault straight forward no issues – set up as the program & Os according to instructions, disk format Ext.4.
    Connecting to the server two dual boot Mac desktops (Hackintosh) – Zorin (Unbuntu derivative) hard wired & One MacBook Pro via wireless.
    The Zorin & Mac book pro set up has no issues how ever when connected to the MacHack you can view but cannot – write or save.
    Unmounting the server and then remounting permits all functions apart from saving or copy to the server files, attempting to save will result in the PC rebooting - if however you leave the status quo for a period of time maybe thirty minutes all the functions work – read – write – save.
    Permissions are granted the same for all platforms and users.
    Thanks for reading the thread. :/
  • New

Hallo
    Habe den OMV schon eine Weile im Moment "nur" als Datei Zugriff gemacht.
    Früher hatte ich den QNap und bin froh habe ich den OMV selbst gemacht. Stabil und schnell.
    Jedoch möchte ich auch die Musik/Filme auf Receiver/TV zugreifen.
    Ich suchte vergebens den Server und konnte nicht finden, dachte er findet es automatisch wie damals bei QNap.
    Muss ich bei der Einstellung im OMV (Server) was berücksichtigen und was eingeben?
    Via Linux und Mac Rechner habe ich keinerlei Probleme und den vollen Zugriff.
    Danke im voraus.
  • New

Hello,

Web control panel login issue was the first step. I couldn't log in. Then it sais:
    Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

Now if I run "df -h /" I get 100% used. Why? It was working yesterday! It was working for more than 5 days!

Please, help
    Matt
  • Error 502 OMV 5.x (beta) Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x

marc_al

New

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my zfs to 0.8 so I must upgrade OMV to version 5 (from 4).
    As I have seen no guide, I have decided to make it manually so I did a virtual machine and then I made some tests to upgrade

1) Remove everything (plugins in OMV 4 UI)
    2) Remove OMV

Source Code

1. apt-get purge openmedia* nginx

3) Upgrade Debian to version 10

Source Code

1. rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
    2. sed -i 's/stretch/buster/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
    3. apt update
    4. apt-get upgrade
    5. apt-get dist-upgrade

I never take the new config file (taking it doesn't change anything)

4) The existing config file has a problem with Option so I remove Option in the config file

Source Code

1. vi /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Zugriff auf Multimedia / Receiver

Aux

French accented character in directory name and file name (Raspberry pi 3B+)

rjm

Is it possible to update plex (Not docker) ?

R0vsvamp

nextcloud error updating

HackitZ

Docker and Container installed in tvheadend not found my dvb-s cards

ramus

Recent Activities

• Aux -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Zugriff auf Multimedia / Receiver.

Hallo und willkommen @lowex, ich glaube, Deine Beschreibung ist etwas ungenau - aus welchen System willst Du auf die Freigaben zugreifen? Ich nehme an - Windows? Da Linux und Mac funzt. Möglich, dass ich es komplett falsch verstehe was du da…
  • rjm -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 French accented character in directory name and file name (Raspberry pi 3B+).

Hello Mr. Aaron, With this last email you offered me a REAL solution that, with alacrity, I implemented with success. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. As for the rest, if you are welling to take a suggestion from an old man of 71 years of age…
  • R0vsvamp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Is it possible to update plex (Not docker) ?.

Quote from macom: “Move to docker. The plugin will not be maintained any more unless somebody else wants to to it. ” Yea, I tryed it one time and did not get it to work :/
  • HackitZ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud error updating.

does anyone know what the command is to manually update?
  • ramus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker and Container installed in tvheadend not found my dvb-s cards.

ka wie oft die drauf zugreift, fakt ist sobald ich dev/dvb eingebe und die festplatte geht dann auf jeden fall nicht mehr schlafen :( seit diesem befehl hab ich aber auch mit omv4 gehabt, aber da ist die platte bei plex nicht schlafen gegangen und bei omv5…
  • Blabla -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x Will upgrade from OMV 4 to OMV 5 require reinstallation?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from benibilme: “Quote from mira67: “I did everything as you say, using Ubuntu server with Docker, but the simplicity of configuration you have with OMV is priceless. What I did in a week of work with Ubuntu server I did in a day with…
  • Blabla -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x Will upgrade from OMV 4 to OMV 5 require reinstallation?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from benibilme: “Honestly, even if docker will be used, it should fit into the system conventions. For example, I am advised to use a container in place of webdav plugin in a new thread, because webdav will not be supported in OMV5. I installed…
  • Blabla -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x Will upgrade from OMV 4 to OMV 5 require reinstallation?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from molnart: “i am quite surprised that despite OMV 5.x being in quite progressed beta stage, there is still no solution to upgrade from 4.x, which is something i am sure will require extensive testing and several further beta…
  • HackitZ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud error updating.

so something is not right with my install. so i tried to add /index.php to the end of the page i'm updating on. this brings me to the update page and it asks to provide my updater.secret hash. i enter the secret from my nextcloud config. i get an error…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Error when try to pull image.

Quote from sm0ke: “Can't close it myself, can I? ” Yes, you can. Not sure how it is called, maybe "more options" or something.