openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi. I want to "back up" the full content of an apple airport extreme base station to an omv nas.
    All apple users within the LAN are using the airports file storage.
    In the same LAN an already existing omv 4 server currently acts successfully as a time machine
    backup server for the apple clients. My plan is now to "back up" all the files sitting on the airport to the omv machine.
    Currently i have no idea what might be the best & easy way to achieve this - just having a copy of all those data in a second place.
    Thx. for any help & advise.
  • New

Hey guys im trying to find a way to stop my media server from renaming my video files to Evo iv looking on google but nothing came up with my issue if anyone know how to fix this issue i would be thankful

my setup is a raspberry pi 3b+ using .openmediavault +plugin minidlna
  • New

I wanted to share my build with you guys.

It´s a 3D printed case which cleans the setup and gives a little bit more safety to the drives and nanopi m4 board.

find more information on my website www.scheisser.net

and the model files at thingiverse.com

wwhile drives sleep it consumes around 7W and under heavy load max up to 20W

If you have questions feel free to ask... or check above links

PS: sorry for the tape it covers broken parts which happenend while cleaning the prototype cover from supports. (was a quick and dirty print to proof the concept but works)

[Blocked Image: http://scheisser.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/img_20191012_0913287596075066888357226-768x576.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://scheisser.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/img_20191012_1209063692261351785341543-768x576.jpg]
  • New

I installed OMV 4 this week, but being new configured my system incorrectly and decided to completely reinstall the OS yesterday. During the install it refused to download from any mirror. Then I tried to install OMV 5 with the same results. After checking, I believe the reason is that both OMV 4 & 5 use an older version of Debian that is no longer supported because it's EOL. I continued on with the install regardless, but now I have an operational OMV 5 with only half of the required programs to make it work. There are many services that I can not configure, and of course I have no plugins available. So my question is, can I continue with my current install and use a terminal command to update my system?? I tried to use update management in the web gui, but that didn't pull any updates. If I can use my SSH terminal, what is the command that I need to use. I'm new and dumb when it comes to linux, so it's best if you clearly identify the process. Thanks in advance.
  • New

Hi there,

I have an OMV running on a Raspberry Pi 4, it's hooked up with two USB3 harddrives, both LaCie d2 Quadra, one 4TB and the other 6TB.

On the 6TB, it's very slow to copy data onto it. I'm using my Win 10 PC and get a speed of around 2-3 MB/s. When I copy from it to my PC, it's pretty fast (around 80-100 MB/s).
    At first I thought that's some sorta limitation of OMV, but the the 4TB disk doesn't show this behaviour. It's as fast while writing as it is when reading.

I formatted both disks with OMV, both run on EXT4. While setting up OMV, I didn't do anything differently with each of the disks; in their former usecase there were no signs of slowdowns when reading or writing.
    I'm a real noob regarding Linux so I'm a bit lost on what could cause this, and what I could do about it (as well as which kinda info you guys need, haha)

Best,
    Rudi

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

openmediavault as backup for apple airport extreme

Deluge on OMV4

saimer

Internet radios catalog thru DLNA

xebra

Can't access PiHole from outside my lan

NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS

JDemiDawg

Recent Activities

• supertevran -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x openmediavault as backup for apple airport extreme.

Thread
    Hi. I want to "back up" the full content of an apple airport extreme base station to an omv nas. All apple users within the LAN are using the airports file storage. In the same LAN an already existing omv 4 server currently acts successfully as a time…
  • saimer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Deluge on OMV4.

Quote from dalepmay: “What I did to get Deluge working with OMV4 was I installed deluge, deluged, and deluge-web using the terminal, use the deluge console to enable web connection, and set the daemon to run at startup. Now I can administer it using…
  • xebra -

Replied to the thread Internet radios catalog thru DLNA.

Quote from raulfg3: “NO, DLNA only works on local LAN, not in internet. ” You don't understand me I want listen internet radios on DLNA-client devices inside my local network. Synology Audio Station have this feature. image.png Catalog displayed as…
  • VMax -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can't access PiHole from outside my lan.

Thread
    Hi all, i installed PiHole in OMV as a docker container and everything work good, i'm able to ping and so to use PiHole as a DNS from all the connected devices into the lan; now, i installed a OVPN container too so to being able to access my home lan…
  • JDemiDawg -

Replied to the thread NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS.

Looks like a fun project. So the Nanopi M4 has a 4x SATA hat, cool! Does it run OMV 4? What were the challenges of setting up OMV on a Nanopi M4?
  • JDemiDawg -

Liked kirkdis’s post in the thread NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS.

Like (Post)
    I wanted to share my build with you guys. It´s a 3D printed case which cleans the setup and gives a little bit more safety to the drives and nanopi m4 board. find more information on my website www.scheisser.net and the model files at thingiverse.com
  • lllccc -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Videos Begin Renamed.

the only thing i have on the system is a usb that's a samsung and 1 micro sd that inst a evo it was a fresh install " i dd the updates on update management" and the only plugin i have is minidlna soo all i did was install the image to the sd …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Syncthing unstable problems due to old version.

Quote from CTx: “To be sure ... Any specific steps required ? (stopping service, removing package, cleaning ...) Or just install/upgrade over current version ? ” You should be able to just run the command I gave you to upgrade your current version. …
  • Adoby -

This is just wild guessing based on almost no information at all. I have no idea if this is relevant: You have a share or folder somewhere named "EVO" or something similar. Possibly on a Samsung EVO SSD? And you have somewhere tried to request that…
  • geaves -

I'm sure I have seen this on here before, do you not have to scan or something like that before the media device accesses minidlna, if you don't do that then the device supplies/gives/applies it's own name.