openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

I have a box with a build-in and two PCIe network adapters. I used the build-in to install with DHCP, it appears as eno1.
    Also, I successfully configured the two others to be a trunked bind0 with DHCP, as I have a managed switch which supports
    trunking.

Both interfaces work well and can be accessed by their different names. But eno1 is still used as default route, it appears
    before the bind in /etc/network/interfaces. I thought this file would be generated by mkconf, so I renamed the 30bind
    into 15bind in order to have it defined before eno1. omv-mkconf exchanges the entries, no change.

Either, I did not understand the concept of primary interfaces correctly, or I have to do something with "ifup" in order to
    delete the default route and add a new one using dev bind0.

Or do I overlook an easy way of doing so?

BR,
    Carsten.
  • New

Hi
    I continue to prepare my migration from OMV to Proxmox with OMV as VM, and I have a question for the clever guys (you! :) ) who are already using OMV+proxmox.

Proxmox has no option in its GUI to set any powersaving feature. It even runs the performance governor by default. So, for a home server (expected to be idle 70% of the time) where 'Green IT' and power consumption matter,
    - have you looked at how much power OMV+Proxmox consumes versus OMV alone, notably when idle?
    - is there anything you change to lower power consumption?

Just for info, my OMV box (Ryzen 2700, 16Go RAM, 4 active SSD and one mostly-sleeping HD) consumes 27W at idle at the wall and 70W at full load (real power, with cos phi : 41W / 80W).
  • New

I recently installed OMV and Nextcloud. Thanks to the help from this forum, I now have it running the proper backup and am trying to transfer all of my photos from google (about 150gb worth) to a Nextcloud folder. I have downloaded all the files and now need to transfer them to Nextcloud. What is the best way to do this? Would Rsync be a good option? If so, what is the best way to figure out the correct folder path on Nextcloud?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

LVM

ryecoaaron

OMV, proxmox and Green IT

ryecoaaron

Proxmox with docker

terencefaul

Netzwerk Probleme

Use bind0 as primary network adapter instead of eno1

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x LVM.

Quote from terencefaul: “Is anyone using LVM for disk management and Device Pooling. Is there an advantage to this over mergerFS ” Most people really have no reason to use LVM. If is helpful if you are running OMV as a VM, resize your disk(s) a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV, proxmox and Green IT.

I haven't looked at this but my server is always busy. I would try changing the governor but most power saving ideas probably would negatively impact running VMs.
  • crackjack -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crackjack: “If that doesnt make sense to you then all I can say is try put your self in my shoes I cant afford 16tb data center drives that aint happening for a long time. ” The hardware you listed in your first post is not cheap either.…
  • terencefaul -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox with docker.

Thanks @rpman. What kind of resources do you allocate to your OMV VM
  • Nave -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Netzwerk Probleme.

Thread
    Moin Mein nas hat eine Netzwerk Karte mit 4 ports jetzt möchte ich aber die 4 ports unterschiedlich auf docker verteilen. Und der Anschluss vom Mainboard will ich auch irgendwie nutzen das soll aber nur dann omv laufen. Kann mir irgend jemand helfen?
  • Carsten12 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Use bind0 as primary network adapter instead of eno1.

Thread
    Hello, I have a box with a build-in and two PCIe network adapters. I used the build-in to install with DHCP, it appears as eno1. Also, I successfully configured the two others to be a trunked bind0 with DHCP, as I have a managed switch which…
  • Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV, proxmox and Green IT.

Thread
    Hi I continue to prepare my migration from OMV to Proxmox with OMV as VM, and I have a question for the clever guys (you! :) ) who are already using OMV+proxmox. Proxmox has no option in its GUI to set any powersaving feature. It even runs the…
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crackjack: “If that doesnt make sense to you then all I can say is try put your self in my shoes I cant afford 16tb data center drives that aint happening for a long time. ” The hardware you listed in your first post is not cheap either.…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

• karel3 -

Replied to the thread SOLVED daily logrotate error email.

To solve it it was enough just to rename status file. mv /var/lib/logrotate/status /var/lib/logrotate/status.origmanual I used is here:geekpeek.net/error-bad-top-line-in-state-file/Note that there is an error in the manual. He uses logrotate.status…