openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

I've just installed unionfs plugin tonight to my omv system and merged a couple of my data drives, however upon rebooting I'm getting a "Assertion failed for Mount shared folder zz to /sharedfolders/zz"

Is this normal for shared folders on merged drives?

Editing the shared folders location back to a single drive removes the error when booting, but as soon as I create or edit any share to use the merge it shows the error again.

Thanks in advance.
  • New

Can anyone advise what's wrong with my NAS setup.

I have raspberry pi 4 2gb model, originally had omv 4 on it. Kingston ssd attached via usb 3 ext4 format. Using sandisk extreme 32gb micro sd. Pi is connected to gigabit switch, transferring 1gb movie from pc connected via ethernet.

I'm only getting max 3mbs transfer speed. I've changed the ethernet cable for pi and pc and had same results. Connected pc to wifi and still the same. I then installed OMV 5 beta via Rasbian Buster and still no luck.
  • New

Hi
    I can't log in, I didn't do anything and didn't change the settings

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file
    '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json'
    (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

omv-aptclean doesn't help, and omv-firstaid (Clear web control panel cache).
  • New

Hello all -

I have a question regarding the Homes and User Folders - seems I cannot get my head around
    I created a Homes directory (which also hosts users directories - setting under users)
    I also enabled User Homes in the SAMBA config

I see the <homes> share as expected and I also see my <user> share as expected. So far so good

What I wouldn't expect that the <user> share points back to <homes>

What I expect is the following:

<homes>
    +-- <user 1>
    +-- <user 2>
    +-- <user 3>

and

<user 1>
    +-- my stuff

instead of...

<homes>
    +-- <user 1>
    +-- <user 2>
    +-- <user 3>

and

<user 1>
    +-- <user 1>
    +-- <user 2>
    +-- <user 3>

I read through the forum but couldn't get any hint on this -
    either I use the wrong key words or it is only me who sees this behaviour

regards

Michel

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Issues with folders

magnum90

Raspberry pi 4 OMV slow transfer speed

Adoby

DLNA and/or Plex problem with RockPro64

aldrick

Error shown when booting

Error #0: - failed to read login_js.json.

crashtest

Recent Activities

• magnum90 -

Replied to the thread Issues with folders.

Thank you guys! I'll play again and I'll try to simulate my ideal setup :) Probably I'll mess up everything again, but at least now I know how to deal with shared folders XD Thank you again! Ciao, Manuel
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 OMV slow transfer speed.

The PC is slow? Copy to other target to test. Also think about how you copy. Avoid involving extra network transfers. Run checks with iperf. Are there any USB hubs involved?
  • aldrick -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x DLNA and/or Plex problem with RockPro64.

Hello y'all, My DLNA problem is almost solved: I don't know why the Plex DLNA works better on my TV. So I use this one. But I think that my rockpro64 has a problem: I've install Emby to see if it works better but I have the same problem. So I think…
  • lukeboss -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error shown when booting.

Thread
    Hi, I've just installed unionfs plugin tonight to my omv system and merged a couple of my data drives, however upon rebooting I'm getting a "Assertion failed for Mount shared folder zz to /sharedfolders/zz" Is this normal for shared folders on merged…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error #0: - failed to read login_js.json..

Quote from albdr88: “omv-aptclean doesn't help, and omv-firstaid (Clear web control panel cache). ” If you used omv-aptclean and omv-firstaid, you can get on the command line. What is the output of: df -h
  • akhan128 -

Posted the thread Raspberry pi 4 OMV slow transfer speed.

Thread
    Can anyone advise what's wrong with my NAS setup. I have raspberry pi 4 2gb model, originally had omv 4 on it. Kingston ssd attached via usb 3 ext4 format. Using sandisk extreme 32gb micro sd. Pi is connected to gigabit switch, transferring 1gb movie…
  • sm0ke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

Hi there. First thanks to everyone sharing their info in this matter! My first thought was using TeamViewer to remote control (can't get it to work, others also have issues with this. Something about TeamViewer host can't connect to router). But on…
  • sm0ke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

Hi there. First thank to everyone sharing their info in this matter! My first thought was using TeamViewer to remote control (can't get it to work, others also have issues with this. Something about TeamViewer host can't connect to router). But on…
  • Sneakysnakez -

Now follows TechnoDadLife.

Follow
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete docker image.