openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Ok so just recently joined and looking for some help and will appreciate any advice. I recently bought a Raspberry Pi4 4gb and want to set it up with Open Media Vault and want redundancy. I want to hook up a 5 bay DAS to it and was wondering should I go for a DAS with Raid 5 integrated into it or should I go with a cheaper option without Raid 5 integrated and use software based Raid 5 in OMV? I also possibly somewhere down the line would like to attach another DAS in a Raid 1 configuration to use as backup for more important things that I could keep locally instead of relying on cloud based services. The Raid 5 drives would be 3 x 3TB and 2 x 4TB. The Raid 1 drives would be 2 x 2TB but would be older then the other drives but not bought/used the same amount so hopefully both wouldn't fail at the same time. Thanks for any info :)
  • New

Hello :)

I have an Odroid HC2. I'm looking for a power supply for it. I was thinking to buy a switching stabilized power supply, like the ones used for video surveillance. As per my Nas to be turned on a lot of hours I don't want some enclosed power supply to over heat.

You think this is a good solution?

For Odroid HC2 and a Seagate Ironwolf 4TB (I was looking for this hard drive) I think a 12V 5 A should be good right?

Thanks in advance!
  • New

OMV noobie here and would appreciate any help. Been watching lots of @TechnoDadLife videos which are extremely helpful. Thanks so much for those.

I've got Sonarr and Transmission with VPN setup. For my system, I've got a remote mount to a NAS. I can post a file to NAS using the OMV machine via SSH with the same user that is accessing Sonarr and Transmission. Sonarr can see the files already on the NAS remote mount and I can get it to initiate a download of missing episodes. Transmission starts the download just fine and completes is. However, once the download is complete, I get the following error (**** replaces actual file name):

[Warn] ImportApprovedEpisodes: Couldn't import episode /data/completed/****/****.mkv

[v2.0.0.5338] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/data/completed/****/****.mkv" or "/TV/****.partial~" is denied

Below is my Volumes and Binds mount section. Not sure if it's relevant, but only "/config" automatically appeared when I started…
  • New

Hilfe Hilfe
    Wie stelle ich es an, um meine Daten auf der Cloud (Openmediafault) abzulegen bzw. abzuholen. Benötige ich noch etwas ?
    Mit der Ip komme ich immer nur auf die Oberfläche von Openmedafault und kann sie konfigurien, aber das war es auch schon.

Habe dort 4 Platte a 4 TB aber nicht im Raid.
    / dev / sdb1 /
    / dev / sdc1 /
    / dev / sdd1 /
    / dev / sde1 /

Die Festplatten sind eingebunden.
    coldfire_@gmx.de

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions

Remote Mount NFS Support in OMV 5?

• seed
  • Adoby

Adoby

Main disk disappeared from the list of physical devices after OMV update

votdev

Doubt about power supply for Odroid HC2

Adoby

MACOS Final Cut Pro does not work through SMB

votdev

Recent Activities

• Scorpion3d -

Posted the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Thread
    Ok so just recently joined and looking for some help and will appreciate any advice. I recently bought a Raspberry Pi4 4gb and want to set it up with Open Media Vault and want redundancy. I want to hook up a 5 bay DAS to it and was wondering should I go…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Remote Mount NFS Support in OMV 5?.

I assume autofs will work as it does in OMV 4. remote mount plugin with offline drives
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Main disk disappeared from the list of physical devices after OMV update.

Can you point us to some docs or specs of this hardware. Is there a guide available that describes how to replace the shipped software with something else based on Linux. Maybe we can enhance the backend to support it properly.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Doubt about power supply for Odroid HC2.

12 Volt 2A should be plenty. But you might want to power other stuff as well. I use a 12V 20A for 7 HC2, a GbE switch, a fan and a wifi mesh unit. Typically a HC2 draws way less than 2A. But when booting and/or spinning up the drive 2A may be needed. I…
  • steakhutzeee -

Posted the thread Doubt about power supply for Odroid HC2.

Thread
    Hello :) I have an Odroid HC2. I'm looking for a power supply for it. I was thinking to buy a switching stabilized power supply, like the ones used for video surveillance. As per my Nas to be turned on a lot of hours I don't want some enclosed power…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Remote Mount NFS Support in OMV 5?.

Quote from seed: “Is there anyway to mount remote NFS shares on OMV 5? ” Command line
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MACOS Final Cut Pro does not work through SMB.

I'm sorry, can't help you here because i do not have Apple desktop hardware to test this. Maybe someone else can help to fix that,
  • RedpaX -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MACOS Final Cut Pro does not work through SMB.

Quote from votdev: “OMV5 is more or less stable. Because the whole configuration layer has been changed, there might me still some bugs for none common setting scenarios. But I think you have no choice, OMV4 will not get new features and will be…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Make sure your regular boot drive (the SSD) is not connected: If you built without data drives, without the data drives inserted, boot into OMV and on the command line run: grub update This should fix the initramfs issue. (If you need more info, or…
  • omgdz -

Posted the thread Unable to connect remotely.

Thread
    I have installed OMV 4 on a pi 4 and I # think # I have everything set up correctly. I can ssh as root and log in via browser as admin. I'm trying to use OMV to back up a Linux laptop (and eventually a Windows computer). I have a connected SSD, and I…