openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

This is my 5th and last try to get OMV run....

I have :

- installed OVM
    - updated via ovm-update
    - installed the extra package
    - installed snapraid & union filesystem ( originally i only wanted to try snapraid )

same Workgroup...checked

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/yVTcVq9]

create a folder ( Data ) and a user ( test / test ) member of the group users

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/j41FbG2]
    [Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/YRDrYxS]

after that, i activated smb and create shared folder

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/6bzQ4MK]

aaaaaaand......

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/m6N68kp]

I can see the server in my windows network, but can not login.

What was my mistake ???? ?(
  • New

Hi there,

my name is Ralph. Currently we are using FreeNAS in our small business environment but as I'm more familiar with Linux I was looking for a similar linux-based solution.
    OMV seems to be what I need but the version chaos leaves me a bit perplexed. OMV5 beta seems to be in the wild forever. News on the website are mostly meant for OMV4 but also for OMV5 and 6(!?!). When I check the download section OMV4 and OMV5 (the version without beta) download numbers are almost equal. So I have read a lot in the forum and found different statements regarding the current state of the project. Somewhere I found the statement (from last summer) that OMV5 will be out right after Debian 10.1. As Debian 10.3 came out two weeks ago this info might be outdated but as there are beta and non-beta versions of OMV5 in the download section in parallel I'm not so sure of my conclusion. At the same time most users in forum give advice to install OMV5 while OMV5 being labeled as being beta here ...

We…
  • New

I use the autoshutdown plugin, to shut down my nas if it is not used. Also I have multiple dockers running on the nas with different ports for each.
    Now the autoshutdown plugin detects if i connect to the omv gui via port 80 just fine. But the access to, for example my logitech media server docker with port 9090, is unnoticed by the plugin, as well as all other docker ports I use. Is there anything I can do, that the autoshutdown plugin detects if somebody is connected to a docker container?
    I made sure, that I have all used ports listed in the sockets field of the plugin.

Kind regards,
    Patrick

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

rrdcached error messages after reboot

Frepke

How to install Jupyter Notebook on OMV4 ?

Still clueless....

Cmdywrtr27

State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4

rhinkhaus

Increase storage with RAID 0?

Nick0

Recent Activities

• X10ded -

Liked levix’s post in the thread OMV 4.x GPU passthrough for virtual box plugin/VMs.

Like (Post)
    Hello all, I got an OMV server that is also running a VM of Linux mint with virtualbox. Though it runs kinda slow due to it being stuck in software mode for display. I threw in a cheap nvidia GPU just to help in assisting with rendering. However…
  • Frepke -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) rrdcached error messages after reboot.

Got this error after reboot rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
  • hrseldon -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to install Jupyter Notebook on OMV4 ?.

Thread
    I'm running OWM4 on Raspbery Pi3b+ . How do you install JupyterLab or Jupyter Notebook on OMV4? There seems to be docker for it (no step by step guide tough) . I see python is already installed in OWM4 but I need Anaconda distribution. Do I install this…
  • Cmdywrtr27 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

i'm not sure if this is the ONLY issue but i think you have to be apart of the 'samba share' group also. and u can try to set open permissions so u don't need to log in every time unless u need it set like that to block other people in your home from…
  • no can do, I spent 1/2 a day trying to get Internet Connection Sharing to work with that thing, I don't have any hair left to pull out. if it isn't going to work without downloading a few gigabytes off the internet, it isn't going to work and that's the…
  • Quote from draddy: “and, thats my last post to you, i don't like the way you talk to the community, ” yeah, well I do. I'm not going to take crap from anybody. if you think I should that's just too f'in bad now isn't it. does that jerk represent…
  • I'm done with you already after 2 responses, I know that
  • nexusle -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

The user have permission to access the share? edit: yes, I see in the hidden picture
  • rhinkhaus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

Quote from molnart: “Quote from gderf: “The seemingly never changing answer about release date questions is "It will be released when it is released." ” just putting this here as a potential source of inspiration: