Plex as Docker Container / Resources problem

Why should you use or not use dockers

ryecoaaron

Adding new User - PW unknown

OMV 5 Objectives and expected changes

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• caned_monkey -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Help Needed Installing OMV 4 on Debian 9.

Thread
    Hi, Apologies if this has already been answered but I am unable to find a solution by searching online. I have been trying to install OMV 4 on Debian 9 by following the instructions here: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…stallation/on_debian.html And…
  • dkuhl -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex as Docker Container / Resources problem.

Thread
    Dears, since I run my Plex Server as a Docker Container, I receive messages by the OMV dashboard, I am not used to. Even if it is plain streaming within the same LAN (inhouse) without any transcoding (plain 1080p/24p x264 .MKV) I get alerting E-Mails…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Why should you use or not use dockers.

Quote from raulfg3: “Please consider to maintain plugin because minidlna need host install to work , bridge mode have troubles to be discover by devices (TV) in my tests. ” I already ported it to OMV 5. I do think you have a problem with your docker…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Why should you use or not use dockers.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “openmediavault-minidlna - docker (maybe plugin since it has always been my reference plugin for new developers) ” Please consider to maintain plugin because minidlna need host install to work , bridge mode have troubles to be…
  • EifelT -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Adding new User - PW unknown.

Thread
    Hi, quick descrition of my problem. root shell password is not longer recognized.I haven´t changed this. Add a new User via OMV Admin. The PW form the new User not recognized in shell also.What´s going on?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) OMV 5 Objectives and expected changes.

Quote from Antioch: “Any word on expected OMV5 release date or at least a more specific timeframe than "2019"? ” Nope. Volker always says it will be released when it is released.
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked getName()’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Activate IPv6 for docker container?.

Like (Post)
    I am not intending to be disrespectfull by any means, but no, you obviously dont understand it. Of course it is an internal network on the host, still it is bridged. If I understand correctly, you want some kind of net=host with additional assigned ipv6…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Reinstallation of OMV - will my data survive?.

Quote from sweetbb: “I am back running on the memory stick again, and so far, so good ” If you didn't test your memory stick for fake capacity that might end with a 'nice' surprise. Quote from sweetbb: “I need to install that plug-in everyone is…
  • sweetbb -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Reinstallation of OMV - will my data survive?.

Thank you tkaiser. I am back running on the memory stick again, and so far, so good. I need to install that plug-in everyone is mentioning, for the memory stick.
  • davisdmg -

Replied to the thread Raid 5 active, clean, active, clean....

Solved it! The problem was the lazyinit process. To speed up it, just mount the partition with init_itable=0 and magic! around 10min it stopped :)