openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Rsnapshot change start time

Adoby

Virtualised Desktop on same machine

X10ded

No network interface displayed in System > Network > interfaces

ryecoaaron

Migrating from OMV plugin to portainer?

Blabla

Acer AC100

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnapshot change start time.

You could try it, but they are likely to be overwritten when updating. See this thread: Does anyone know how to make RSnapshot's cron file stick Also, we are discussing the rsnapshot plugin. I assume that you could simply install rsnapshot proper and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from no_jah: “I found these two files /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot and /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot, will none of them make rsnapshot run at the specified times? ” Yes but as I mentioned previously, changing those will not be a permanent…
  • X10ded -

Replied to the thread Virtualised Desktop on same machine.

Ahh, fair enough. I'll have a look into it
  • Adoby -

What HDD limit? With my RPi4 I have a dual HDD USB3 enclosure with 2x8TB HDDs. I have tested it with 2x12TB HDDs and it worked fine. I suspect that 2X16TB HDDs would work fine as well. There are USB enclosures with room for even more storage. I'm talking…
  • no_jah -

Ok, I see. I found these two files /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot and /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot, will none of them make rsnapshot run at the specified times?
  • X10ded -

Cool, I'll have to have a play with it Wanted to move away from the pi due to the hdd limit, so thought i could combine it into 1. Was going to go for wd red/ ironwolfs 4tbs and a purple and an ssd for oses
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread No network interface displayed in System > Network > interfaces.

How did you set a static ip initially? How did you install OMV 5.x?
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Migrating from OMV plugin to portainer?.

Thanks for the help. For the deply I saw many videos from techodad already :)
  • Blabla -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Migrating from OMV plugin to portainer?.

Like (Post)
    portainer see and manage running dockers, I install on OMV 4 to test it and works fine and detect & manage my previosly existing dockers. other things are to deploy new dockers using portainer, but there are several videos & post on this forums to learn…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from no_jah: “Is there anyway to change when Rsnapshot start running? ” Not in a permanent way for the OMV 4.x version of the plugin. For OMV 5.x, I added a start hour variable (OMV_RSNAPSHOT_STARTING_HOUR) that can be set in…