openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all, I have been using OMV4 in my NAS for 3 months and I am quite happy with it.

It has 3x6tb raid5 in a 12tb filesystem, but I want to change it to a 2x12tb raid 1 filesystem.

I want to move everything to the new filesystem and keep the shared folder configuration for Plex, transmission, users, etc...

I was thinking on mounting the new raid 1 and do a rsync, after that, what should I do to heredity the sharedfolder config to the new raid? do I need to edit the shared folder properties or renaming the raid 1 to the same name as the raid 5 will do the trick?

any help would be appreciated, thank you!
  • New

When I try to log in to the control panel using a web browser i get the following message: "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory" (see attached image)

This happend after I tried to install OMV Extras? I 'm however able to log in using PuTTY, so my server seems to be running just fine except for the fact that I can't log in to the control panel. I don't have a clue how to fix this, so please help!
  • New

Just a basic question, I cannot remember, and now I'm not sure if it didn't install the plugin correctly. I've just had to rebuild my machine from scratch, and Docker is running but most of the containers aren't working, but I think it's becuase there is not docker user, and so the containers aren't able to find the specified UID to run under. Just wondering, do I re-create the user in the Web GUI, or should it have been created by default? I've been looking around for a while, but can't seem to find out how it was supposed to work. :S
  • New

Why is when you edit a post, usually because I have remembered something that could be relevant it fails and gets put in the 'requires moderator approval' I am aware of the spam issue and can understand why it's in place, but editing one's own post makes no sense.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

plex hdhomerun not recording

geaves

Energy efficient nas for 4k

Adoby

Best way to move all data and shared folders to new raid

Jdownloader

Parpin

Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery

henfri

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) plex hdhomerun not recording.

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Energy efficient nas for 4k.

Then any tiny NAS could do. As long as you don't stream at very high bitrates or intend to use the NAS for a lot of other stuff. Nextcloud, home automation, download, VPN, encryption, RAID. Then a bigger x86 NAS might be better. But also more power…
  • OpenCITIZENvault -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) plex hdhomerun not recording.

Thread
    i have omv5 installed in a pc i have omv5 and plex running in portainer, i am using linuxservers version of plex and have hd homerun for live tv i can not record tv shows, i keep getting trranscoding error. i am having transcoding errors when converting…
  • snooz360 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Best way to move all data and shared folders to new raid.

Thread
    Hi all, I have been using OMV4 in my NAS for 3 months and I am quite happy with it. It has 3x6tb raid5 in a 12tb filesystem, but I want to change it to a 2x12tb raid 1 filesystem. I want to move everything to the new filesystem and keep the shared…
  • adin -

Replied to the thread Energy efficient nas for 4k.

Quote from Adoby: “Almost any tiny NAS can stream 4K. As long as the media is encoded in a form that can be streamed directly. And as long as the NAS has SATA/USB3 and GbE. For instance my tiny ARM Odroid HC2s or RPi4 have no problems at all streaming…
  • KM0201 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Lost all drives.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crashtest: “Calling @geaves ! ” You rang M'lud forum.openmediavault.org/index…3c58650ee08dc6643a43d00c5 Quote from LarryM04: “Do I have any hope of getting it back without losing all the files on it? ” Depends on which two drives…
  • KM0201 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Like (Post)
    Quote from curious1: “Quote from crashtest: “Why Backup is Important - A Case Example ” Funny. I can always change it when we have resolved the issue ;( (or exhausted all possibilities, short of sending the drives to a data recovery service :( ) ” I…
  • Parpin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Jdownloader.

Quote from FiST: “Quote from MarcTremonti: “Quote from FiST: “Quote from Purge86: “JDownloader seems to have problems with extracting RAR5 Files. I am using OMV 4 with plusminus/jdownloader2-headless. Is there a way to fix the problem ? ” Is…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

You had two broken drives. We have now worked on the original and the copy of one. Can you please repeat the steps on the other broken drive? Regards, Hendrik