openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?

gderf

ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?

ness1602

Problem booting up with LUKS and UnionFileSystem

Joe Chip

ssh pka connection failed if password auth is disabled

votdev

urbackup on omv5 raspberry pi 4b

Morlan

Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?.

Quote from wepee: “Question is can I trust the data given by SnapRAID smart? Or the data given is over exaggerated comparing with the test made using CrystalDiskinfo. Did you try it on your system and see whether your 9 disks are currently in good…
  • ness1602 -

hdd sentinel for linux is a binary, you download it and execute.
  • thedarkness -

Liked ness1602’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?.

Like (Post)
    I always recommend adding hddsentinel to your box,and regularly executing it and monitoring disks.
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

• Joe Chip -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Problem booting up with LUKS and UnionFileSystem.

I'll answer to myself and all others intrested in using OMV with LUKS and unionfs, I can mount now all from from gui or shell Just created simple script for a little automation, it's easier to explain that way ;) Shell-Script (16 lines)
  • thedarkness -

Quote from ness1602: “I always recommend adding hddsentinel to your box,and regularly executing it and monitoring disks. ” I use hddsentinel on Windows, can it work on Linux too? Is it a daemon and sends regular reports, or you have to access it via…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ssh pka connection failed if password auth is disabled.

Can not reproduce that on an origin Debian 10. Source Code (11 lines)Source Code (3 lines)
  • Morlan -

Liked mousemat’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved docker breaks internet connection.

Like (Post)
    Fixed this by giving the default bridge network a seperate IP range. It seems docker was conflicting with my network and blocking the internet after it started up. I wanted to post the solution here incase any one else suffers the same problem: This is…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) urbackup on omv5 raspberry pi 4b.

which errors are you getting? EDIT: The name got changed from uroni/urbackup-server-multiarch to uroni/urbackup-server. So you are good.