openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Good morning, I've been trying to install omv 4 on my new raspberry pi 4 for several days but it's impossible for me. I have searched for information on this forum and the network but nothing I prove solves my problem. I don't know what I can do wrong. The steps I follow are the following:

- Download omv from the following link
    - Copy the image to an sd card with the Balena Etcher software.
    - I insert the sd into the raspberry, I connect network cable and power
    - I wait until the green LED stops blinking
    - I locate the ip assigned to the raspberry from my router
    - I try to access via web and I get the message "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

I have tried with 3 different sd cards, assigning fixed ip by dhcp, with several network cables and in several ports of my router. I have also tried to install Hassio on the raspberry and I had no problems so the raspberry works well. What else can I try ?. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.
  • New

Hi,

I configured autoshutdown 5.0.2 to check only one IP address, 192.168.2.4, by putting just this single address into the GUI "IP range" field. However, the script always checks the full range 192.168.2.2 ... 192.168.2.254; this is also the list in /tmp/autoshutdown/pinglist. If I delete that file, it is recreated. The /etc/autoshutdown.conf entry reads RANGE="192.168.2.4" which looks good for me.

A bug in creating the pinglist ? I tried to check /sbin/autoshutdown.sh on my own but :/ unfortunately I am not a bash enthusiast... that syntax is beyond my skills ?( , sorry.

Regards, Wumpus

• New

I have had my OMV machine off for a while now and am on and old version. I was going to start back up the server but I want to try something besides OMV. Will my data get erased only have 1 hard drive at 1tb and another drive with the OMV on it.

If I disconnect the os drive and boot up a Linux server would I be able.to have access to the files on the hard drive?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • New

Hi All,
    I'm trying to clean up my server and have stumbled upon some errors in my log file. evrything is working, so maybe it nothing to worry about.
    In my log file over and over it seems smb is looking for net_shares in /var/lib/samba/usershares/ video's, & photo's.

i dont have any shares called photo's or videos.
    i did find a link that talked about net_shares and they are not in the smb.conf.
    so it seems to me this is a default setting somewhere, maybe tied into home directories, my smb.conf has no entries for home.

does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    or is this just a default setting that is not an issue.
    TNX

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

SMB/CIFS not showing in Network tab after restauring the image with clonezilla

Rui.Dias

Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

geaves

A journey from XigmaNAS to OpenMediaVault in an ESXi environment

Adoby

What is the difference between OMV shared folders and windows, synology shared folders?

geaves

Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick

Adoby

Recent Activities

• johnvick -

Liked kirkdis’s post in the thread NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS.

Like (Post)
    I wanted to share my build with you guys. It´s a 3D printed case which cleans the setup and gives a little bit more safety to the drives and nanopi m4 board. find more information on my website www.scheisser.net and the model files at thingiverse.com
  • Rui.Dias -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved SMB/CIFS not showing in Network tab after restauring the image with clonezilla.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Rui.Dias: “Do you have any idea why it doesn't run automatically on boot? ” Are you running DHCP or a Static IP address for your OMV? I think that might be the problem based upon the error in the before image. It…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

Quote from jsis83: “I wait until the green LED stops blinking ” For the Pi install you should wait anywhere between 20-30 mins before trying to connect, it's in the readme text file on sourceforge.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread A journey from XigmaNAS to OpenMediaVault in an ESXi environment.

You asked about USB and where to put docker stuff... If you don't run OMV with the rootfs on flash memory there are only two reason to change the docker base path: To avoid filling up the rootfs and to simplify backups by separating frequently changing…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What is the difference between OMV shared folders and windows, synology shared folders?.

Would the option be to add min protocol=SMB1 to the Extra options in Advanced settings in SMB/CIFS.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

What do you see as different when you run OMV with the rootfs on the SD card compared to running it from a USB stick? What do you think you gain?
  • darkopi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

I have same thing on my raspberry and it works OK. I wont to save my SD card from many writ/read thing but I do not wont that HDD is on and spin all time. To avoid this I wont only boot from SD card, run os from USB stick and HDD is only for data…
  • Aux -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What is the difference between OMV shared folders and windows, synology shared folders?.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “You should not edit /etc/samba/smb.conf directly. This file is rewritten by OMV when a share configuration is changed by the OMV WebUI later. Then all former manual changes are gone. All such modifications shall be done by the
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Internet radios catalog thru DLNA.

• jsis83 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

Thread
    Good morning, I've been trying to install omv 4 on my new raspberry pi 4 for several days but it's impossible for me. I have searched for information on this forum and the network but nothing I prove solves my problem. I don't know what I can do wrong.…