openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello all -

I have a question regarding the Homes and User Folders - seems I cannot get my head around
    I created a Homes directory (which also hosts users directories - setting under users)
    I also enabled User Homes in the SAMBA config

I see the <homes> share as expected and I also see my <user> share as expected. So far so good

What I wouldn't expect that the <user> share points back to <homes>

What I expect is the following:

<homes>
    +-- <user 1>
    +-- <user 2>
    +-- <user 3>

and

<user 1>
    +-- my stuff

instead of...

<homes>
    +-- <user 1>
    +-- <user 2>
    +-- <user 3>

and

<user 1>
    +-- <user 1>
    +-- <user 2>
    +-- <user 3>

I read through the forum but couldn't get any hint on this -
    either I use the wrong key words or it is only me who sees this behaviour

regards

Michel
  • New

Hello, everybody,

ask for help again.
    I am currently trying the Docker.
    I already watched the videos of the Techno Dad Life and installed some containers.
    What my problem is is that I always difference between SMB shared folders in Windows and the same folders in the editor.
    I have added an image where there are same folders displayed at the same time.

If someone has the idea?
    Thanks for any help

Many greetings

gelo
  • New

Dont know if this would belong in the OMV forum or the virtualbox forum, but im fairly new to OMV and i was able to successfully set it up to access my server remotely. the only major problem im experiencing is that when i set up the VM it defaulted to my shitty wifi card where if you try and transfer ANYTHING of size over a couple hundred MB's the server goes offline for a good 5 minutes. I attempted to prioritize the Ethernet card in my computer for the VM to use, but OMV still refuses to and will only work through the WIFI card, is there any way to change this without resetting my VM?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Read ext4 qnap drive my OMV HP server

cabrio_leo

Issues with folders

Adoby

Homes vs Users

SMB difference

gelo

Autoshutdown 4.0.5 geht nicht in den Standby

bako219

Recent Activities

• cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read ext4 qnap drive my OMV HP server.

Quote from Jedge: “OMV is installed on an SSD, and I have a separate disk for my data ” Yes, but also the separate data disk must be mounted anywhere, usually under /srv/<UUID>. This is only a test to be sure that the data is available locally. You…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Issues with folders.

Yes, in some instances OMV is extremely brittle. As you have found out. But in many other ways OMV is extremely robust. I especially like that OMV is just a thin layer on top of a standard Linux server OS, Debian. There are folders and then there are…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Issues with folders.

Workaround is to delete the shared folder and create a new one. When deleting you can select if you want to delete only the share or also the content.
  • gelo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SMB difference.

I think I found out... It's something to do with SnapRaid and Union FS. In the appendix I have the picture again, which shows that the data in /sharedfolders/... are present. But not on SnapRaid... forum.openmediavault.org/index…0c4859bcb4e88438231ccbad0
  • bako219 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Autoshutdown 4.0.5 geht nicht in den Standby.

Den hatte ich drin, allerdings nur rausgekommen, weil es nicht funktioniert hatte. Ich habe gestern den DHCP des Phiole deaktiviert und den der Fritzbox eingeschaltet. Heute morgen war das NAS ordnungsgemäß im Ruhezustand. Alle Weiteren Tests haben…
  • gelo -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x SMB difference.

Thread
    Hello, everybody, ask for help again. I am currently trying the Docker. I already watched the videos of the Techno Dad Life and installed some containers. What my problem is is that I always difference between SMB shared folders in Windows and the same…
  • Jedge -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read ext4 qnap drive my OMV HP server.

Hello, Thank you for your reply, OMV is installed on an SSD, and I have a separate disk for my data I switch back between my nas and the microserver. It's that dedicated disk I can't see my files with omv
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cant get Docker to install OMV 4.1.26-1.

It seems that was an issue from two days ago. Try omv-update from omv-extras. If that does not work, I would disable the docker-ce repo and enable it again.
  • Akrilove -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cant get Docker to install OMV 4.1.26-1.

Quote from Methy: “Hello, as far as I understand, the docker package-(docker-ce) does not seem to be present and blocks the openmediavault-docker-gui installation openmediavault-docker-gui : Depends: docker-ce (>= 5:19.03) but it is not…
  • youtu.be/1ksJkvG8JBc In this Video, we will install Openmediavault Extras, Shellinabox and Docker.