openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

I'm having the following issue : randomly, when booting or rebooting my nas (intel NUC + 4-disks icybox USB3 bay) some of my drive's partitions are missing (/dev/sdb is there, but not /dev/sdb1).
    If i enter maintenance shell and re-probe my drive (hdparm -z /dev/sdb) then the partition appears (!).

I'm feeling this is an issue with the spin-up of my disks, because for whatever reason (usb re-init after bios ?), just after GRUB all my disk spin down then up, one by one (probably a sequence internal to my bay), and at that moment systemd mount scripts are waiting for my partitions to appear. Some are detected, but most of the time, at least one is not then the script times-out after 1min30 and boot sequence fails.

Has anyone ever heard of such an issue ?

Is there a way to insert a pause at boot just before the partitions mount, in order to give my disks more time to spin up ?

Thanks in advance,
  • New

I want to use OMV5 as a backup/fileserver NAS on a Raspberry PI4 4GB with a 6TB HDD.
    I plan to duplicate this setup externally and sync the 2 NAS systems.
    I've installed OMV5 several times, and had a play with LVM2, but I've decided to use ZFS instead of LVM2 for more versatility and for sending snapshots between the 2 systems.
    I've already managed to compile ZFS on the Pi4 using a 64-bit kernel with 32-bit Raspbian and had a play with that

My problem is in trying to put OMV and ZFS together.
    When I try to enable ZFS in the plugins, it wants to re-install zfs-dkms and this then fails (probably because it really needs a 64-bit userland to build zfs properly...?)

Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Is it possible to install the zfs plugin without re-installing the zfs kernel modules.
    Or should I be looking at another 64-bit OS like Ubuntu? I already tried debian64, but I didn't get ZFS installed on it properly.
  • New

Hi. As usual, sorry for my english. I don't want to use docker to install letsencrypt. So, i would like to know how to log omv webgui in SSL using acme.sh ? After install lets with this method, when i try to connect on my server with my domain name (duckdns.org), i found nginx page :
    Welcome to nginx!
    If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed andworking. Further configuration is required.
    For online documentation and support please refer tonginx.org.
    Commercial support is available atnginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx.

Why i don't get to the omw webgui page ? How done
  • New

This is my 5th and last try to get OMV run....

I have :

- installed OVM
    - updated via ovm-update
    - installed the extra package
    - installed snapraid & union filesystem ( originally i only wanted to try snapraid )

same Workgroup...checked

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/yVTcVq9]

create a folder ( Data ) and a user ( test / test ) member of the group users

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/j41FbG2]
    [Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/YRDrYxS]

after that, i activated smb and create shared folder

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/6bzQ4MK]

aaaaaaand......

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/m6N68kp]

I can see the server in my windows network, but can not login.

What was my mistake ???? ?(

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

All folders are read-only

KM0201

Portainer/Docker issues

KM0201

[HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana

Shinobi

State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4

rhinkhaus

Never shows up in Windows network explorer until name is entered, then fine

crashtest

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread All folders are read-only.

Edit, misunderstood.. It sounds like a service is turning the folder read only.. or is this happening to every single folder no matter what service.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Portainer/Docker issues.

All you really need to do is reinstall Portainer from the sounds of it. This won't hurt anything, the new install will pick up your current docker containers (assuming you didn't do something to them as well). As long as you haven't customized ports,…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Is it actually enough if collectd is running or does monit also need to be started? I have some issue with the monitoring, so usually i disable it I can still see the state of the drives in drivemon, but the graphs in services are not working anymore
  • rhinkhaus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from rhinkhaus: “I don't know how long the other versions had beta status but >10 months for OMV5 beta are a long time. ” Being a plugin dev, I guess I understand the development cycle better than most. While 10…
  • vishnumrao -

Liked Indoorser’s post in the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Like (Post)
    Hi guys. Since noone can help a noob but another noob, I do :) OMV 4.1.22, slightly wrong sequence: 1. Install LUKS plugin. If you don't have one in the list of plugins, first install omvextras plugin (manual upload of .deb file and activate the…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Never shows up in Windows network explorer until name is entered, then fine.

Is your OMV server running DHCP or a static address? Also does your client firewall "trust" the local network? ___________________________________________________________ Try running through some of the network settings in this guide.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Compatible HBA SAS cards for x399 motherboards?.

I've had good luck with a Dell H200 that I bought used and flashed to JBOD. If you're interested in going this route, this -> thread might be useful. If you shop around, acquiring a card and breakout cables is relatively inexpensive.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer.

Quote from BozzArc: “Waited 2-3 hrs more and then my PC has a access to. Now everything seems like working. ” Thanks for sharing that. What platform are you using? PC or an SBC?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Running pishrink as scheduled task doesn't run..

but again I see no necessity of using sudo in scheduled task.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Running pishrink as scheduled task doesn't run..

Why sudo and not just plain root ? I can’t see the scheduled task sending you an email and waiting for you to enter password to run the task. Is the command explicitly allowed no password prompt in sudoers?