openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Just installed all the new updates from the update manager and got error, when I refreshed the page it wouldnt load. I did a shutdown and rebooted and still have no access to the webui login. I can see my shares on my windows box and access everything, just no webui. Anybody having this problem? Got a fix for it?

also seems like plex cant access the share folders but if i go in and play them via vlc they are reachable.
  • New

Hello all,

I have two installations of OMV. One is having all of the data r-synced to the other. On the source OMV, I can FTP in and see all directories and their contents.

On the destination OMV (the one that all of the data is r-sync'd to, I can only see the shared directories and the directories inside of them, I cannot see any individual files.

Is this a permissions thing? I granted access in the ACL as originally, I could only see the shares, I got a 550 error when I tried to open them, saying that the directory didn't exist. I reverted back but it is still working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick.
  • New

Hi,
    I just installed OMV5 on my shiny new build and I have spotted this error coming up frequently in logs:

Source Code

1. systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/nmbd.service:9: PIDFile= references path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/samba/nmbd.pid → /run/samba/nmbd.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
    It's so frequent that appears in every log page.
    - Samba is not (yet) enabled
    - The installation is pretty clean, I haven't messed with any system file (yet)
    - I am running OMV 5.3.2-1

I believe it's just a warning but it's very annoying. I have found some reference here, but should this be fixed?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

heimdall - how do YOU use it - give me your 2 cents ;)

Cmdywrtr27

New to OMV on Pi 4 4gb. Getting errors when trying to install Docker. After install the OMV gui on the docker tab shows "Installed and not running

Help for SMB

hp2

Netatalk

mbgroen

Empty r-sync'd directories.

Adoby

Recent Activities

• Cmdywrtr27 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x heimdall - how do YOU use it - give me your 2 cents ;).

Quote from Morlan: “I know what you mean. When you start with a diy nas, Linux, Networking, docker etc. it’s quite overwhelming. But if you have questions the community here on the forum is friendly and helpful. Also response time is very short most…
  • hp2 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help for SMB.

Personnellement, je n'ai rien modifier dans les paramètres Windows. Il faut juste que le réseau soit paramétré comme "réseau privé". Juste à faire clique droit sur "ce PC" dans l'explorateur (voir capture et capture 2 en pièce jointe). Cochez "Se
  • mbgroen -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Netatalk.

Those Mac mini's are actually real Mac mini's btw ;) OMV server is a HP Microserver Gen8, love this cheap little server with 4 drive bay's (pus an extra SSD as boot drive), iLO, 16GB memory and Xeon support.... Combined with OMV it's the perfect NAS server!
  • mbgroen -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Netatalk.

I'm a Mac user too and really would like to stay using the AFP plugin. It allows me to set a nice icon (using the advanced settings) in the finder and only shows just one icon in the finder instead of a blue screen computer icon next to all the…
  • mbgroen -

Liked tom.langer’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Netatalk.

Like (Post)
    Quote from WastlJ: “Quote from johannp02180: “there has been known performance and connection issues with SMB ” for example? Absolutely stable here. Quote from johannp02180: “AFP is preferred and recommended ” By whom? Not by Apple. ” AFP is…
  • mbgroen -

Liked johannp02180’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Netatalk.

Like (Post)
    Quote from votdev: “No, since Apple has TimeMachine support via SMB there is no need for that plugin anymore. ” I think the plugin should still be included because there has been known performance and connection issues with SMB on Macs and AFP is…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Empty r-sync'd directories..

Login using SSH and have a look-see. Then figure out what is wrong.
  • elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x System hanging for about a minute at startup and shutdown.

• b0n3z -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Lost webui after update.

Thread
    Just installed all the new updates from the update manager and got error, when I refreshed the page it wouldnt load. I did a shutdown and rebooted and still have no access to the webui login. I can see my shares on my windows box and access everything,…
  • toppi -

Liked omvmax’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) IPv6 - Not running.

Like (Post)
    Quote from hoenjet: “I tried to turn it on. It is not even receiving a ipv6 address. Anyone else has been able to work with IPv6 support in OMV 5? If I do grep "disable_ipv6" /etc/sysctl.conf /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf, it…