openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi and thank you in advance for any help provided.

I want to be able to reach my share remotely at work and on my phone. Can some direct me to a good/easy way to accomplish this. Still a bit of a Linux noob so any details would greatly help.
    Even sftp access would be fine

Matthew
  • New

My OMV server :
    OMV version 4.31-1
    Kernel 4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd64

Problem:
    In the OMV GUI the list Package Information in Update Management is empty. See attached picture.

Check for updates is working, no errors.
    OMV can connect with internet.

Tried to solve the problem by:
    - empty browser cache
    - disable cookie filter and add blocker in browser
    - reset OMV GUI to defaults
    - restart OMV box.

Problem still not solved.
    Before this happened, I was experimenting with the omv dnsmasq plug-in but I have switched it off and uninstalled it. Still no result.

Any idea how to fix this?
  • New

How can I edit /etc/samba/smb.conf in a way so that it sticks?
    I know it says not to edit it but there has got to be a way.
    Other solutions point to the folder /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/samba.d/ .
    I don't have this folder though...

Found solution:
    In OMV go to SMB/CIFS and add any lines you want to Advanced settings -> Extra options
  • New

I installed OMV from scratch by using this tuturial:

Everything ran perfect until the installation of omv extras.
    Mentioned link was not working - but found on the website this install link:

wget -O - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

got no error message, but after refreshing the omv page - the extras didn't show.

I tried to download the .deb-file too (uploading, refreshing of course as well) but this was not solving the problem either.+
    I attach a screenshot of my system too, maybe it is helpful to get an idea.
  • New

hi all,

still using omv3 on my nas, but more and more updates fail and problems get more.

i'm not a friend of "upgrading" so i plan a fresh install of debian + omv.

the big question: omv4 is stable - but - i don't want to install omv4 and in summer it will get eol? but omv5 is "beta" how far away from stable?

what i need:
    main: simple file sharing to my windows hosts (smb) think, will not be a problem?
    ftp / webdav for external
    docker (for my emby)
    jdownloader
    lets encrypt
    ddclient (or simular - just to update a dyndns)
    resync

i'm right with omv5 will just go "final" from the beta without reinstall when final is released?

i know beta is beta, but omv3 also was beta when i start and runs great - just tell me your 2 cent ;)

thanks
    draddy

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

VMWare and iSCSI

jl524

Can't install VM using Cockpit

freebsd

unionfilesystems plugin

gderf

ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?

gderf

Cannot access GUI, ip issue?

TheCues

Recent Activities

• jl524 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) VMWare and iSCSI.

ryecoaaron, I have a question about your tgt plugin, Is the target "backing store", the "name" in the shared folders? I can connect to the omv iscsi target from win10, but no volume or disk shows in disk management... I am new to this forum and not sure…
  • freebsd -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't install VM using Cockpit.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) unionfilesystems plugin.

If your use case doesn't need it, then don't use it.
  • tinh_x7 -

But UnionFS already created a data drive, and I created all folders in there. So there is no need for me to use this mergerFS folder, right ?
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If porting a plugin like transmission were to be considered, then there will be deluge, qbittorrent, tixati, vuse, and frostwire fans asking for the same consideration. If you have followed OMV over time measured in years,…
  • PVasileff -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Hello, are you planning porting openmediavault-transmissionbt plugin for OMV5 from OMV4 ? At the moment this is the only reason that stops me from migrating everything from OMV4 to my OMV5 test machine. I saw that there is already have a topic, but…
  • TheCues -

Replied to the thread Cannot access GUI, ip issue?.

Update 3*** 15 hours deep in this OMV abyss..... and still nothing.... most commands not working now and ive given up reading the thousands of problems people are having... Ill reinstall.... Thanks for the potential help...
  • gderf -

mergerFS folder allows you to select and merge specific folders. Union FS only allows you to select entire drives to merge.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Management Updates shows an empty list.

I see updates like you describe occasionally - things firmware updates and such. The most recent update I saw was yesterday or maybe today for omv-extras. In the terminal you could run these to see what updates are available: apt update apt…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Remote Access.