openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello

New to OMV here , just bought a HP Z400 server , set up OMV 5 with Plex, Nextcloud , Transmission.
    Everything working nicely , except one thing:

Installed transmission through portainer , all went ok.
    Tranmission GUI working, dowloaded 3 movies.

BUT , when I want to open/see movies , NOTHING THERE
    Default folder for downloads is /dowloads.
    I can see folder on my network (given access sambashare ... etc)

See Attached photos .

Even downloaded one movie trying to change the folder to be downloaded --- still nothing ...

Can anyone help?
  • New

hello,
    I'm new on OMV
    I'm using OMV 4
    In ftp transfer log, i have an error:

Source Code

1. Failed to open the log file (filename=/var/log/proftpd/xferlog).
    2. Erreur #0:
    3. OMV\Exception: Failed to open the log file (filename=/var/log/proftpd/xferlog). in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/logfile.inc:77
    4. Stack trace:
    5. #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceLogFile->getList(Array, Array)
    6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    7. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)
    8. #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('LogFile', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)
    9. #4 {main}
    can you help me?
    thank's…
  • New

I cannot access my shares in my local network with the laptop I got from work, neither can my girlfriend with her laptop.
    With my laptop the server doesn't even show up, with the other laptop it does but always has the companies domain in front of the username.
    Is there any way to figure out how to connect to OMV without getting our IT departments involved?
  • New

I have OMV5 installed on my Raspberry Pi 4 and I'm trying to create a filesystem on my SSD drive connected to the USB3.0 port (/dev/sda). Every time when I try to create an ext4 filesystem, it stops at 1882/15262. I'd like to try from the command prompt to see if it works. What would be the equivalent to the options from GUI Storage -> File Systems -> Create -> /dev/sda, ext4?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Transmission downloaded files cannot be seen/accesed

macom

FTP won't start/buggy start

TheBadFrag

nginx wont start (php error)

Failed to open the log file

Erinox

SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly)

gderf

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Transmission downloaded files cannot be seen/accesed.

Quote from rtibby: “Couldnt figure this out without posting here ” :thumbsup: sometimes it is enough to explain an issue to somebody (or to oneself)
  • TheBadFrag -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) FTP won't start/buggy start.

Just wanted to say that the OMV update seems to work fine for me ^^ The FTP now comes online after every reboot. I don't want to go back to Windows for my server... OMV runs so much more reliable. :thumbsup:
  • crashtest -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Access share from work laptop.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ozboss: “I cannot access my shares in my local network with the laptop I got from work, neither can my girlfriend with her laptop. With my laptop the server doesn't even show up, with the other laptop it does but always has the companies…
  • rtibby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Transmission downloaded files cannot be seen/accesed.

Ok , sorted out minutes after posting ... :) :) Just reviewing my post , seen that I misspelled the name of my Hard Disk .... Instead of 4TbDATA saved 4RbData .... So , stopped container , edit , correct name of HDD , started transmission , all working…
  • Erinox -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Failed to open the log file.

Do you have the FTP service enabled? I don't and I get the same error on OMV5. I assumed it's there because without FTP running there will be no logs.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Quote from thedarkness: “Well... Because he has two parity drives, so I assumed he has this kind of config. ” Multiple parity drives and split parity drives are completely different things.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Need Help with Backing Up Strategy - Plugin or Software.

Quote from vlad1966: “I'll create a software RAID 0 with the 6 Iron Wolfs ” Bad idea. One drive fails, all data is lost. You might want to have a look at mergerfs. There is the unionfilesystem-plugin from OMV-extras for that. Quote from vlad1966:…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Quote from wepee: “@thedarkness OK thanks for your steps given, most appreciated, I will give it a try. :thumbsup: ” You do not want to run a split parity SnapRaid helper script unless you are configured for split parity disks , and you aren't. You are running…
  • macom -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved OMV5 Environment Variables.

Like (Post)
  • rtibby -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Transmission downloaded files cannot be seen/accesed.

Thread
    Hello New to OMV here , just bought a HP Z400 server , set up OMV 5 with Plex, Nextcloud , Transmission. Everything working nicely , except one thing: Installed transmission through portainer , all went ok. Tranmission GUI working, dowloaded 3…