openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello!

I am wondering what happens when I physically move my OMV Nextcloud server from one house to another (with different routers)? This will not lead to any changes other than the router settings (ports etc) in the new house, right? Of course my DuckDNS domain should be updated, but this will run automatically in Docker.

Can someone confirm this if it is true?

Best regards
    Mumbedeus
  • New

Hi,

I’m been reading in to omv and I’m in need of some cloud storage to get my documents etc, accessible in school and home. . .Used OneDrive for this but want to stop using this.

Because I don’t want to spend too much money, I tested omv4 and nextcloud in a container with the help of techno dad youtubes.I had a rpi 3 lying around and decided to use this before buying a new rpi4 and a new usb3 disk.With this setup I’m not expecting a fast solution, but it is not stable.The nextcloud web interface keeps giving bad gateway from time to time and syncing files with nextcloud is very slow and keeps giving errors.

Is the use of the slower rpi3 the cause of this? And will a rpi4 B /2GB or NanoPi M4 be enough to get nextcloud working stable and faster?

I can’t seem to find any posts of using OMV and nextcloud on a rpi / nanopi to confirm that it’s functioning.
  • New

Hello,
    this forum is great!
    I'm very new about this world, and I want to build something instead buying an anonymous Android TV set-top-box.
    My goal is to have an Android TV JBOD system, to connect at my TV and to the home LAN.

I've started to look the SBC's planet, but the offer is big and I'm not able to evaluate the core points of the specs.
    I've look this SBCs: Khadas VIM, ODROID, BananaPi, Arduino, Galileo: sure, I' don't know... :thumbdown:
    4 bay 3,5" HDD: smaller is better, obviously forced cooled, but they are rare. 3D printed? Metal? Wood? Stone? Antimatter? ?(

Any suggestions are really welcome!
    Thanks in advance
    Seek

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Need help to install Nextcloud with Docker and Portainer

Tuxus

External Hard drive shows only part of the Capacity...

manojOpenmediavault

firewall

URBackup Server NEWBIE

Morlan

Snapraid Disaster?

curious1

Recent Activities

• Tuxus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Need help to install Nextcloud with Docker and Portainer.

Okay. Maybe someone has an idea. In the meantime I will try to find out where the mistake could be ... I am not sure, but under OMV 4 you had to create Nextcloud in a container. Why now as a stack and not as a container under OMV 5?
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Need help to install Nextcloud with Docker and Portainer.

I don't play with those settings, I leave them as I found them.
  • manojOpenmediavault -

Replied to the thread External Hard drive shows only part of the Capacity....

I can not see the USB/Hard drive while plug in to my computer. But I can only see the USB/Hard Drive when it is only connected to raspberry pi. How can I use USB/hard drive normal way to be visible in local pc ?? Sorry if this is very basic.
  • Tuxus -

I see in portainer there is no user or group (except admin) created. I think i should create them. Or is it unnecessary when i deploy the stack as Administrators ? Is this right or should i deploy the stack Restricted to e set of user/teams ?
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

I think urbackup has cleanup window when it's deleting old backups. You can also trigger these docker exec -it urbackup urbackupsrv <command>. For the right command you have to look at the urbackup documentation.
  • curious1 -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Yeah. That Toshiba is pretty shot. OK. I'll keep working on your last post. I have to leave for several hours, but will try to get back to it tonight. It's 2:00 Pacific Standard Time here.
  • Tuxus -

• gderf -

I do not have IPV6 enabled in OMV, I have no IPV6 connection configured with my ISP, and the http-proxy is disabled in OMV. I never see see messages like you are seeing. Run the ip address command and verify that there are no IPV6 addresses configured,…
  • Tuxus -

IPV6 is already disabled from beginning. I see in this case that http-proxy is disabled in OMV. Is that right or should be enabled?
  • gderf -

If you do not have an active IPV6 connection with your ISP you should disable IPV6 in OMV's Network configuration.