openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello everybody.
    On my "old" omv3 plexmediaserver was running perfectly.

Now about half a year omv4 runs on the same machine. Today i have installed the plex plugin. It seems to work but as a new one and did not take the settings that are stored under the old path.
    Maybe its an problem with file permissions they are all untouched from the old system.

my path under the PlexMediaqServer settings is

Source Code

1. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-MultimediaDaten/plexmediaserver
    so i think that this folder has need to set the right permissions maybe ?

anyone a tip ?
  • New

Hello and sorry for my bad english.

I've installed OMV on raspberry pi and it works great in my case. but i've found a little problem, where i can't find a resulotion.

Use used 2 Interfaces (eth0 & wlan0) with 2 different static ip adresses, but i use only one interface (wlan0) actice, while at the position of the pi can only use wlan to connect my local network. The eth0 was used by installing omv.

When i connect my pi with both interfaces and type openmediavault.local in a brwoser of a computer in the local network, he connects me succesfull with eth0 and shows me the omv web gui. When i disconnect eth0 (only wlan0 was connected to the local network), i can only open the omv web gui by using the ip address of wlan0 interface, not by the hostname.

Have anybody an idea, how i can use the same hostname over both network interfaces?
  • New

I have several open ports on OpenMediavault, that I don't want to be open, like the FTP port (21).

That's insecure and specially weird, since, for example, I have FTP disabled on OMV GUI. After searching the forum, I have even tried to enable FTP and then disable it, but this trick does not work: the port continues open, no matter what.

Is this happening only to me? Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

error in upgrade to OMV 5.1.2-1/5.1.3-1

Sero

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

ryecoaaron

Error when i will activate SMART

igonixio

Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker

loso

Issue after installed Shareroots Plugin

megusta

Recent Activities

• Sero -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update error in upgrade to OMV 5.1.2-1/5.1.3-1.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Sero: “Have warnings here on a fresh install of OMV5 and on new hardware. The SSD seems ok. ” They are harmless and need to be fixed by saltstack not OMV. Quote from Sero: “Finally, I don't need omv-extras. How…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Quote from Robin: “The following additional packages will be installed: pve-firmware pve-headers-5.3.13-2-pve pve-kernel-5.3.13-2-pve Failed to install Proxmox kernel. Exiting... <<< ************************************* ” Isn't there more output?…
  • igonixio -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Error when i will activate SMART.

Many thanks, thats the solution. I have installed and pinned smartmontools 6.6. Now all is fine Thank you
  • loso -

Replied to the thread Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

aby ideas for me? I thinking about this, docker starting i thing ok, but IP doesn’t answer, maybe this is problem with macvlan,routing table,i give up
  • Robin -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Robin: “Does that mean that the ZFS created under the freenas system can be identified in the OMV system andMount ” In most cases, yes. ” The following additional packages will be installed: pve-firmware…
  • migue789 -

Replied to the thread Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

hi crashtest send current configuration docker in omv version 4, for connection use is a wifi network card laptop. attached pictures, now it indicates the dead state, help? thanks.
  • megusta -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Issue after installed Shareroots Plugin.

don't know if you need this Source Code (7 lines) Source Code (27 lines)
  • calvin -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Problem installing Openmediavault.

Hi crashtest, Wanted to thank you for your help and suggestions. Was never able to solve the problem, but I had access to a different internet source...plugged everything in, initiated the script, and everything proceeded without a hitch. Now to see if I…
  • tomspatz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x issue after reinstall Plexmediaserver.

Thread
    Hello everybody. On my "old" omv3 plexmediaserver was running perfectly. Now about half a year omv4 runs on the same machine. Today i have installed the plex plugin. It seems to work but as a new one and did not take the settings that are stored under…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 4.x Or OMV 5.x on Debian 10.2?.

And make sure you have installed Debian without desktop environment.