openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello all,
    I have some issues with ZFS and Docker.
    Tried to install Nextcloud Docker image and de-installed all of it but I somehow ended up with orphans in Docker and ZFS:
    1) under Docker GUI it shows 2 containers / images as "removal in progress" but they cannot be removed
    2) Docker container ls -a shows the same output in command line; I tried docker image prune but they are still there
    6d9fd9adf55c 4a1ec410d93d "/init" 3 months ago Removal In Progress nextcloud
    f0f3b8a60ea6 9877cdd9debc "/init" 3 months ago Removal In Progress nextclouddb

3) in ZFS I have 2 data pools which look random and I did not create them by hand.

Pool1/LiveZ/2538ae67fb85d2f816a7edb5200d54cb611265fd47ab8388d8e303e97b3150c2 78.8M 2.49T 78.8M legacy
    Pool1/LiveZ/76839ca8491f7bca13226a91aee0b50fe68a18fe47965e8483b17e3d83c480d6 6.96M 2.49T 6.96M legacy

Can anyone help me remove these…
  • New

Hello, i need help. Im thinking about making my home media server use combination of SnapRAID and MergerFS and for that i corrently at home have one 3tb and one 4tb drive in my widows pc that i plan to use in omv server. Now first question, can i start building my server with just this 2 drives, 3tb for data and 4tb for parity and then when i have mony buy additional 4tb drive and add it next to existing 3tb drive to extend storage.

Next question, if this can work will i extend storage to 7tb (3+4tb) or will i extend it 6tb (3+4tb that i can only use up to 3tb since another drive that i have is 3tb)

Another question, what will happend to the data if parity drive and data drive die
  • New

Hello,

I'm having an issue getting a disk properly mounted. It's labeled/named Backup2. I've had this disk mounted before, and for some reason couldn't write to it. I've tried using the web interface to wipe/formate the disk but no luck. Now, when I try to mount the drive, OMV tells me the disk Backup2 is already in use. As far as I can tell, this is an issue with the disk being labelled the same as a disk that has been in use before, or something along those lines. Is it possible to remove that drive from the list of "known devices"/

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Source Code

1. omv
    2. Page
    3. 1
    4. of 1
    5. Displaying items 1 - 6 of 6
    6. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/Backup2' 2>&1' with exit code

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Clamav Antivirus not working anymore after update

OMV 5.3.3-1 disabling /sharedfolder/ feature - why?

ryecoaaron

Docker and ZFS

cabrio_leo

the contents of the shared folders do not match what I see from Windows

raulfg3

How to encrypt and decrypt private folders in Openmediavault?

vaultluke

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5.3.3-1 disabling /sharedfolder/ feature - why?.

Quote from nick2k3: “Is there anything I can try to diagnose? ” Nope. Enabling sharedfolders is slow on slow systems. Nothing you can do about this other than use symlinks.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker and ZFS.

There are issues with docker containers located on ZFS file system. Please search the forum for related threads. The docker containers should be located on a file system other then ZFS.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) the contents of the shared folders do not match what I see from Windows.

no, you can use any user, not only root. PD:You need to configure user in OMV WebGUI to use a shell and be part of admin/sudoers ; eg:sh and in your case perhaps shared folder in OMVWebGUI do not point where you want, please post a screen capture like…
  • vaultluke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to encrypt and decrypt private folders in Openmediavault?.

• MarcS -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker and ZFS.

Thread
    Hello all, I have some issues with ZFS and Docker. Tried to install Nextcloud Docker image and de-installed all of it but I somehow ended up with orphans in Docker and ZFS: 1) under Docker GUI it shows 2 containers / images as "removal in progress" but…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How can I tune monitoring/notifications?.

• raulfg3 -

Posted the thread [HOWTO] free / prune space used by dockers.

Thread
    Well, I post in guides so perhaps this can be usefull for people that experiment with dockers and test & try several dockers that finall do not use. I notice that recomended way to prune dockers is Source Code (1 line) But i notice too that this…
  • volvo64 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How can I tune monitoring/notifications?.

Quote from votdev: “You can also turn of monitoring in the 'Monitoring' page. ” thanks I know I can turn it off but how can I tune the notifications so they’re more useful to me?
  • Doktor-X -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Build storage with SnapRAID and MergerFS.

Thread
    Hello, i need help. Im thinking about making my home media server use combination of SnapRAID and MergerFS and for that i corrently at home have one 3tb and one 4tb drive in my widows pc that i plan to use in omv server. Now first question, can i start…