openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all.
    I have a problem with the /tmp.
    /tmp have 2 GB.
    I need to reboot every 2 days because /tmp is full.
    When i navigate to see all file, i see an urbackup tmp file about 2 Gb. When the tmp is full, openmediavault does not work correctly.
    After reboot all is ok.

Is it possible to resize the /tmp ?
  • New

I am trying to setup a NAS on a Intel NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH, with 32GB memory, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samdisk SSD Plus 1TB. I have updated the Bios to the lastest (073). Also, the system was working under Ubuntu Deskop 18.04.

I tried installing OMV 4.1.22 and I get error for the network card ( Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V). From searching the forum, I know the drivers are not included because they are proprietary. I successfully installed OMV using a USB dongle, but I would like to use the builtin network card.

How do I install the network drivers either during install (prefered) or after? I am new Linux and I can't find a tutorial by searching.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

/tmp full urbackup

macom

Boot Clonezilla Once keeps booting

macom

nextcloud update procedure

macom

Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server

geaves

Docker GUI plugin now stable

KM0201

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x /tmp full urbackup.

Check the manual of UrBackup. urbackup.org/administration_manual.html
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Boot Clonezilla Once keeps booting.

Quote from donh: “Did you remove the cd? A few more details might get you a better answer. ” I think he enabled one time boot from omv-extras --> kernel tab
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud update procedure.

Quote from Morlan: “for me it just worked updating nextcloud via the web ui as an administrator. ” same here
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server.

:D if you want to use Raid for USB there is no guide not even on here it makes no difference whether the drives are attached to a m'board or to USB it's the same procedure, it's just that using Raid on USB is just a bad idea, so if you do it and it goes…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Quote from molnart: “would it be possible to add a column to the docker containers list with the IP address/port where the container is running? i have several containers, some of them using macvlan network driver and when assigning a port or ip number…
  • djarti -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OMV - NGiNX+RTMP ?.

Thread
    Hello. Dear forumees, I apologize at first for my English. I have a problem with installing nginx-rtmp or did someone install nginx + nginx-rtmp-module?
  • gtj -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from gtj: “I didn't have particularly high expectations when I bought it but to my surprise it works according to specifications! ” Yes it will it's designed for use with Windows. Quote from gtj: “Before I put them into…
  • gtj -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gtj: “I didn't have particularly high expectations when I bought it but to my surprise it works according to specifications! ” Yes it will it's designed for use with Windows. Quote from gtj: “Before I put them into the enclosure, I…
  • diyprojectz -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread How to physically mount HDD caddies in DIY case?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from diyprojectz: “I am asking about the caddies, will it be enough to attach caddies to the metal case elements with ds tape, or do I have to screw them too or maybe use zip ties as suggested on reddit? ” Sorry :) if you can use screws then do so,…