openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Hardware RAID1 and system+data on a single drive for easy maintanence?

reagle

Proxmox On OMV 4

Methy

ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV

michalhainc

ZFS with Proxmox and OMV

diego

OMV create raid5 without partitions - bad or good practice ?

diego

Recent Activities

• reagle -

Replied to the thread Hardware RAID1 and system+data on a single drive for easy maintanence?.

Thanks for the response! Is there anything that would let me make a bootable clone without having to take the system down? I don't care about mistakenly deleted files, snapshots, etc. When a disk fails, I want to fall-back to clone, replace fail,…
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox On OMV 4.

thanks for your return But if I install Proxmox (or Vpshere) I find myself with the incapacity to access my local data from my machine from my VMs is currently the problem that I encounter :/
  • michalhainc -

Replied to the thread ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV.

So I take it back... it disconnected again... but its happening way less..
  • diego -

Replied to the thread ZFS with Proxmox and OMV.

Replied to the thread OMV create raid5 without partitions - bad or good practice ?.

@Methy, I don't really see the point of using LVM+RAID+{your filesystem of choice} instead of ZFS. Have you considered it?
  • diego -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x DuckDNS docker, or a simple cron to update?.

IMHO using docker for running a simple task like updating a dynamic dns is overkill. I've used dyndns several years ago, and ran the updates via cron job.
  • danzirulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x General concept around shares and samba.

Quote from subzero79: “Quote from danzirulez: “oh, ok, I see. I will use one big folder then per drive :) /sharedfolders/ |-- ShareONE | `-- AppData | |-- Emby | |-- Jackett | |-- Radarr | |-- Sonarr | `-- Transmission `-- ShareTWO |--…
  • Coxeroni -

Replied to the thread Easiest upgrade path for new containers?.

For piwigo I might be able to help further, since I already employed it on my VPS using docker-compose, at least for testing. So if you run into trouble, just let me/us know.
  • MightyMo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Accessing sharedfolders.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Through a combination of your responses I came to realize that I configured my setup incorrectly and really needed to back up and regroup. I'm guessing I could have done that with the current install, but decided to…
  • Gretchen -

Replied to the thread Easiest upgrade path for new containers?.

Thank you all. I will go with your suggestions to stay with OMV 4 and use docker-compose for Piwigo. If I encounter anything worth noting I will update you here.