openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi i am following a step by step guide on Youtube to install OMV and Nextcloud. It is this Guide:
    But now i have a problem. I setup phpmyadmin Docker in OMV. But when i open a Tab in the Browser an type in the IP of the Odroid HC2 running OMV 192.168.2.55:82.
    Then both Browsers give me the error that the Website is not reachable.
    The Docker Container is state is running.
  • New

Hi there,
    I'm very new to OMV, and only slightly less new to linux overall, and I'm trying to get things going.

I've managed to get 3 rsync jobs set up where they work when they are run manually, but the automation functions through cron don't seem to do anything at all

Shell-Script

1. SHELL=/bin/sh
    2. PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
    3. # m h dom mon dow user command
    4. */3 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-80ff6ed8-d3bc-4a7d-8c39-673a6973fbf9 >/dev/null 2>&1
    5. */30 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-b39f0bd4-fee1-4359-8584-867271854d82 >/dev/null 2>&1
    6. */15 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-c66de143-ae1d-4acb-b9f6-b958c9046e0a >/dev/null 2>&1
    This is how /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsync looks which seems to make…
  • New

I am trying to create a MacVlan in the network section of OMV5. I name select the MacVlan driver, put in the parameters, and eth0 . When I click create network the network is created, but the network driver defaults back to host. I can create bridge and ipvlans, but seem to have a problem with MacVlans.
    Any suggestions? Running on a rp4.
    thanks
    Edit
  • New

Hi there,

I just tried to run Plex in Docker. Unfortunately I get the following problem:
    "Starting Plex Media Server.
    PMS: failure detected. Read/write access is required for path: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server"

I entered the dockeruser PUID and GPID in the starting parameters. I even set access rights via ACL to read/write for anyone. But to no avail, any ideas where my mistake lies?

Cheers
    Sun

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

French accented character in directory name and file name (Raspberry pi 3B+)

rjm

Snapraid Disaster?

henfri

QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter

ryecoaaron

Disk turn off automatically in random time

Backslash Backslash

Block webcrawler ect. with firewall

Xologrimm

Recent Activities

• rjm -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 French accented character in directory name and file name (Raspberry pi 3B+).

Hi, Your advice is well taken and will be followed. Thank you again, Regards RJM
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Stop Messing around with Windows and Recovery Software. Use Linux to Recover the faules Data Drive. As the parity Drive is dead, Snapraid cannot Help unless we can recover the parity Drive. But that would be the Second try. If you are willing to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter.

Quote from ness1602: “pve has now 5 .3 kernel: ” Thanks. I hadn't noticed that it was out yet since it is still opt-in on my proxmox nodes. I will update omv-extras to install it.
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter.

pve has now 5 .3 kernel: apt install pve-kernel-5.3
  • Backslash Backslash -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk turn off automatically in random time.

For the past three years I have had occasional spontaneous unmounts of the second, back-up drive on my NAS. The unmounts seem to occur when my rsync job backs-up the master drive (Boss) to the back-up (Slave). NB, to re-mount the disc I just click on…
  • Xologrimm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Block webcrawler ect. with firewall.

Custom ports for http and https had exactly the desired effect :) now my NAS only wakes up if I want it to. I just had to adjust one line in the nginx config: If I set the value "proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;" in the file proxy.conf file of…
  • JayKay -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x phpmyadmin can`t open in Firfox/Chrome.

Thread
    Hi i am following a step by step guide on Youtube to install OMV and Nextcloud. It is this Guide: youtube.com/watch?v=YWkWARXzW0k&app=desktop But now i have a problem. I setup phpmyadmin Docker in OMV. But when i open a Tab in the Browser an type in the…
  • curious1 -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Thanks! You guys are great! Quote from crashtest: “You know,, I think this is going to be a good (or bad depending on the perspective) learning experience for you. A $30 SBC and a big external hard drive, for backup, must to be looking good right…
  • kimbaz -

Replied to the thread Rock64 slow usb3 transfer speed.

Problem is back again. After a couple of days the external drive was not spinning down so I enabled the following settings in Storage > Disks Advanced power management: 127 Intermediate power usage in standby; Automatic acoustic management:…
  • Virgil.A -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Quote from Raistlin666: “This is the error im getting: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/Datengrab' 2>&1' with exit code '21':…