openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

my current setup

WIndows 10 box with mellanox connectX3 MCX354A-FCBT 40gbe NIC card - ethernet connection enabled

connected directely with DAC QFSP+ cable to OMV V5.5 setup with ZFZ RAIDZ2 using 4 3.5 inch drives, mellanox connectX3 MCX354A-FCBT 40gbe NIC card.

when i transfer files across this network, through SMB, the Max speed im getting is only 270MB/sec.

What am i doing wrong> Ive tried different filesystems too,BTRFS. but still similar speeds.

Where is the bottle neck, Some help would be most appreciated,

I was thinking i can adjust the Various settings in the Windows Mellanox driver such as MTU etc. but how can i do this on OMV side.

Thanks

• New

Hello,

I have a box with a build-in and two PCIe network adapters. I used the build-in to install with DHCP, it appears as eno1.
    Also, I successfully configured the two others to be a trunked bind0 with DHCP, as I have a managed switch which supports
    trunking.

Both interfaces work well and can be accessed by their different names. But eno1 is still used as default route, it appears
    before the bind in /etc/network/interfaces. I thought this file would be generated by mkconf, so I renamed the 30bind
    into 15bind in order to have it defined before eno1. omv-mkconf exchanges the entries, no change.

Either, I did not understand the concept of primary interfaces correctly, or I have to do something with "ifup" in order to
    delete the default route and add a new one using dev bind0.

Or do I overlook an easy way of doing so?

BR,
    Carsten.
  • New

Hi
    I continue to prepare my migration from OMV to Proxmox with OMV as VM, and I have a question for the clever guys (you! :) ) who are already using OMV+proxmox.

Proxmox has no option in its GUI to set any powersaving feature. It even runs the performance governor by default. So, for a home server (expected to be idle 70% of the time) where 'Green IT' and power consumption matter,
    - have you looked at how much power OMV+Proxmox consumes versus OMV alone, notably when idle?
    - is there anything you change to lower power consumption?

Just for info, my OMV box (Ryzen 2700, 16Go RAM, 4 active SSD and one mostly-sleeping HD) consumes 27W at idle at the wall and 70W at full load (real power, with cos phi : 41W / 80W).

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

[beginner] should I use raid for my openmediavault

macom

slow transfer speeds with mellanox 40gbe

HannesJo

Looking for a Mini ITX motherboard to build a home NAS

a.posa

Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10

ryecoaaron

Proxmox with docker

ryecoaaron