openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues OMV 5.x (beta) Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x

nrand

New

hi, I have upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5 this when OK, However, I need to re-gen the fstab file. I did this doing the following:

Shell-Script

1. ovm-salt deploy run fstab
    This produce a non-working fstab, relevant section below:

Source Code

1. # >>> [openmediavault]
    2. b616b60c-896a-4ffb-93a7-ffea1c206951 /media/b616b60c-896a-4ffb-93a7-ffea1c206951 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    3. b5bc14e4-183a-449f-a21d-8744e0bd3627 /media/b5bc14e4-183a-449f-a21d-8744e0bd3627 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    4. # <<< [openmediavault]
    If the fstab is inspected the leading 'UUID=' is missing from both the auto generated part of the fstab and…
  • New

I have set up OMV. Now I want to Rsync files from my main desktop (a Mac) to the storage drives I have connected to OMV-server. Initialy I wanted to run the Rsync script on the Mac, but then I saw OMV has a Rsync server as well, so I was wondering would it be possible to run the script from OMV that will then access the Mac and copy files from all users as specified in the script.

I understand there are limitations to this solution such as:
    • the Mac has to be powered on to be able to be accessed. (I usually shut it down every evering)
    • the Rsync-script needs excessive rights to be able to access all user home directories AND the shared directory. (One could wonder if that is desirable)

Anyway, I'm asking to learn more about this.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues

What are poeple who use OMV called?

jollyrogr

error at removing shared folders

Simple, energy efficient NAS: Rock64 vs Odroid HC2

Eule

Rsync strategy: where to run the rsync script

Recent Activities

• nrand -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues.

Thread
    hi, I have upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5 this when OK, However, I need to re-gen the fstab file. I did this doing the following: Shell-Script (1 line)This produce a non-working fstab, relevant section below: Source Code (4 lines)If the fstab is inspected…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread What are poeple who use OMV called?.

• Eule -

Replied to the thread Simple, energy efficient NAS: Rock64 vs Odroid HC2.

Hello all, I now decided to go for a Rock64. All what is missing is an apropriate drive. Are there any recommendations for hard dirves or their specs? In the forum I have not found so much. As I do not like to use another power supply I need to use a…
  • macom -

• Adoby -

"People"? ;) OMVores, as in Omnivores? OMVies?
  • Karloman -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Rsync strategy: where to run the rsync script.

Thread
    I have set up OMV. Now I want to Rsync files from my main desktop (a Mac) to the storage drives I have connected to OMV-server. Initialy I wanted to run the Rsync script on the Mac, but then I saw OMV has a Rsync server as well, so I was wondering would…
  • hathalud -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Can not claim Plex server.

Quote from digitalbots: “I was watching this video youtube.com/watch?v=CzMSuRyfMS0&t=758s followed all the steps(setup portainer, deployed plex, setup my media folders) then when i went to log into the server (192.x.x.x:32400/web) I see a (!) next to…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5.05 unable to FTP from LAN.

What username are you trying to log in with sftp?
  • XeonNavas -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5.05 unable to FTP from LAN.

I have another OMV5.05 working few days, and today I've installed sFTP and FTP, but I have the same problem with user/pass. I tried to update password, share forder permissions with the same results.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Quote from HannesJo: “Don't you think ZFS may be some kind of overkill and I should better give SnapRAID (with EXT4 mdadm RAID5) a try? ” Personally, I would use a filesystem that you are comfortable with if things go badly. snapraid on mdadm would…