openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Just want to consult experts here what would be the best config-wise for the following specs:

Running OMV on ESXi with passthru LSI IT mode connects to Supermicro expander with 24 x 1TB drives.

What are the best config options for 24 drives? (E.g. ZFS, snapraid, RAID6 etc...)

Likewise, I have another always-on system with only 8 drives. Appreciate if you can give advice on 8-drive Config as well.

Thanks in advance
  • New

Hi.

First off, this is my first post here. I'm not shure if this question/problem goes in the network or docker section, so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have with success installed haugene/transmission-openvpn Docker plugin by following Techno Dad Life's youtube video. Everything worked fine. But I noticed that through the VPN (tun0) that my OpenMediaVault server was wide open by entering my VPN ip address in a browser. There I could reach transmission and OpenMediaVault webpages and so on.

I tried to enable UFW by setting it to true in the haugene/transmission-openvpn Docker plugin, But when I did that, I could not reach my openmediavault server at all. No ssh, shares no web.

So I'm wondering, can anyone give me some pointers to make my server by not be widely open trough haugene/transmission-openvpn Docker plugin?

Sorry for my bad english :P :D

Gyppie
  • New

Hi,

I'm having a very weird problem.
    I have a 28 GB SSD on witch is installed OMV, and since yesterday I can't login OMV anymore and it appears that it's because my SSD is Full.
    28 GB used for OMV seemed kinda strange, so I ran Ubuntu to try and understand and found this :

0 bytes free on a 28 GB SSD, but it also states that the content is totalling 3.6 GB minus the unreadable content.
    Only 1 folder was not readable when I tried was in ETC/SSL if I'm remembering correctly.

Was the hell is going on ? :)

Also how can I make some space to login and backup everything I need without deleting something important ?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV Best Config for 8 and 24 drives

tkaiser

help! my pi wont shutdown automatically when use 'scheduled jobs'

help needed to install on raspberrypi 3b+

tkaiser

Samba 4.7.0+ for SMB encryption?

tkaiser

Blank confirmation pop-up when trying to Apply changes on WebUI

KM0201

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Best Config for 8 and 24 drives.

Quote from vfxer: “What are the best config options for 24 drives? ” Impossible to answer without knowing the use case (as always in IT). Usually the use case comes first, then a concept and then the hardware. - As much HDD as possible is good for…
  • freigi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x help! my pi wont shutdown automatically when use 'scheduled jobs'.

Thread
    my raspberry pi 2 b+ using omv 4(same problem when use omv3).it wont auto shutdown although i set a scheduled jobs. when exactly that time noting happen.... thanks setting below: forum.openmediavault.org/index…8cac4943c320b11d5b4de8072
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Best Config for 8 and 24 drives.

I would buy 3x8TB drives. I know, it is not the answer, that you hoped for...
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread help needed to install on raspberrypi 3b+.

Quote from jhussain: “After inserting the sd card and power up, pi booted and I can see lots of activity on the screen and then the pi rebooted again. After that it finished and stopped. ” Everything is fine then since this is exactly what should…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Samba 4.7.0+ for SMB encryption?.

Quote from Kaldek: “being an InfoSec guy I'm a bit of a stickler for transport encryption ” Well, 'best practices' in certain environments demand transport encryption. I'm about to migrate a few older AFP/SMB server installs to Samba this year and…
  • crashtest -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Blank confirmation pop-up when trying to Apply changes on WebUI.

Like (Post)
    Try if clearing your browser cache helps. Or use a different browser or private mode.
  • crashtest -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Blank confirmation pop-up when trying to Apply changes on WebUI.

Like (Post)
    Quote from dramos126: “Quote from macom: “Try if clearing your browser cache helps. Or use a different browser or private mode. ” Surprised I didn't think of that lol :S Clearing cache worked. Thanks. ” Any time you have a weird webUI behavior like…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Blank confirmation pop-up when trying to Apply changes on WebUI.

Quote from dramos126: “Quote from macom: “Try if clearing your browser cache helps. Or use a different browser or private mode. ” Surprised I didn't think of that lol :S Clearing cache worked. Thanks. ” Any time you have a weird webUI behavior like…
  • seanmccabe -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk by label shows missing, drive visable - how to mount?.

Quote from Adoby: “It is crazy easy to unset the settings that use hdparm. So why not test it? Reboot afterwards and see if anything changed. Then set the settings again if it didn't help. ” I can't see anything online about removing these…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Loosing network connections.

Quote from tkaiser: “So once you define the interface in OMV's UI an entry in /etc/network/interfaces will be created and as such NM won't handle this interface any more and now connection interruptions become a problem since OMV will not reestablish the…