Nextcloud install at OMV 4.x ?

Morlan

Potential first HDD failure in x4 storage disc HP micro server

cabrio_leo

Before Install OMV + JBOD

Mr. Ralph

Recent Activities

• Squidgify -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive changed from EXT4 to "GPT" after temperamental failure.

This is incorrect, as the previously existing EXT4 partition (which contained data) no longer exists, and as mentioned above, the only information i could collect from it is that "PTTYPE= GPT" in blkdsk -o a=full command.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive changed from EXT4 to "GPT" after temperamental failure.

I think you mix two things: the partition type and the file system Partiton schemes are GPT and MBR. Howerer there are a lot of different file systems: NTFS. FAT16, FAT32, extX, HPFS, REISER4 and many more. Eg. it is possible to have NTFS on GPT…
  • gprsnik -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 4.x OMV Qemu-KVM.

Like (Post)
    This is how I would start out and adjust up or down based on your hardware and use. What hardware and needs do you have? Processor: 1 socket 2 cores, type host OS disk: 16GB virtio Storage Disks: virtio as needed Memory: 4 or 8GB Network: virtio and set…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Qemu-KVM.

This is how I would start out and adjust up or down based on your hardware and use. What hardware and needs do you have? Processor: 1 socket 2 cores, type host OS disk: 16GB virtio Storage Disks: virtio as needed Memory: 4 or 8GB Network: virtio and set…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud install at OMV 4.x ?.

dunno. But I'm running nextcloud on an Odroid HC2 without problems.
  • gprsnik -

can you describe promox settings for optimal perfomance OMV VM? -i'm thinking about optimal connection OMV from VM to HDDs
  • Squidgify -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive changed from EXT4 to "GPT" after temperamental failure.

Thread
    Hi everyone! I'm a bit stumped. I recently had a drive "fail" on me, giving me the tick of death and squanching to squanch responsive, no matter what I threw at it. However to my surprise, a few days later, I tried again and now squanch mysterious…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Potential first HDD failure in x4 storage disc HP micro server.

Start your search with this thread: How to Recover Degraded RAID5 after physical disk failure? I absolutely do not wish to offend other users here in the forum, but look for the posts of @geaves. He seems to be one of the most experienced users of mdadm.
  • donh -

Advantages of running OMV on proxmox as a vm. Both use very little resources. Snapshots and backups. Native ZFS if you want that. Maintained by proxmox. Industrial strength support if you want it. (not free) Both have good free support. Both are…
  • Mr. Ralph -

Replied to the thread Before Install OMV + JBOD.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry haven't reply earlier. While, I do appreciated all the help and info, I never used OMV and never really used or learn Linux + maybe there's some language barrier. I'm 99% convinced I'll use OMV at the same time, before I do…