openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I've noticed for the past week that all my logs in Docker were one long run-on line while viewing them in the OMV web interface. And I thought it was just an odd bug in Docker and eventually I'd find a way to fix it or it would correct itself. Today I went to install a new plugin from OMV-extras (the openvpn plugin) and saw the exact same behavior. The log of what the installation of the plugin was experiencing was a single long line and it kept growing as more data was displayed. I'm not sure what to do to even begin to address this issue. Suggestions please?
  • New

Hi,

ok, I admit I have not looked closely at drives and file systems for a while, my box has been running for some years and survived all the OMV migrations/updates I put up for it.

Since my drives are now >6 years old I thought about activating automatic notifications especially for SMART events, which I did yesterday. Tonight I got a mail "A DegradedArray event had been detected on md device /dev/md/126_0"

Looking at the GUI I'm not sure what to make of this, it says md125 is degraded (not 126)??

[Blocked Image: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/29ea/1ppdowzawz6dpvqzg.jpg]

Can you shed some light on what these partitions really are and whether the "degraded" warning is something to worry about?

Best regards

Mark.

System looks like this:

Source Code

1. Personalities : [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid10]
    2. md124 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdd1[0]
  • New

Hello all, I am new to the forum and the Raspberry Pi. I downloaded the OMV 4 and OMV 5 images, tried burning to SD Card using both etcher and Win32 Diskimager but they won't boot n the Pi. I have a Pi 3 B, help. Where can I get a true OMV image thats not a ISO file. I've tried NextCload and it booted fine, but I'd rather use ONV to set up a NAS for my home network. help?.
    ;(

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Harddisk full!?

ryecoaaron

pihole and OMV weirdness

dojrude

ZFS Hardware requirements

raulfg3

Please help with this partition layout and error

markus-fried@gmx.de

OMV inside of a container

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Harddisk full!?.

You might be out of inodes. What is the output of: df -i
  • matkoh -

Replied to the thread Harddisk full!?.

Here some additional information: I tested the harddisk with f3probe and it finds no problems: Source Code (20 lines) And here the output from fdisk: Source Code (25 lines)Matthias
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

if I get time tomorrow, I might spin up another instance of pihole on another ip and see if I have the same issue from OMV.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Quote from HannesJo: “Quote from raulfg3: “I use ZFS and for new disk is normal that do not show errors unless some hardware have problems ( I hava SATA cable errors and SATA enclosure errors), so you can expect years of none errors in normal…
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

All docker containers (including pihole) are already configured using Mac_vlan networking with dedicated ip addresses for each container. Is this what you mean? pihole is not using bridged networking and neither is OMV.
  • 5xeVo -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Like (Post)
    Quote from HannesJo: “Rot bits actually occur astronomically rarely ” OK, first realize that "astronomically" large numbers apply to modern day hard drives. Where talking about "terra-bytes" these days where 1 terra-byte is a Trillon bytes or 8…
  • markus-fried@gmx.de -

Replied to the thread Please help with this partition layout and error.

thanks for your answer... since the drive has been in operation for quite a few years and if I remember correctly was used for a test install before, the partitions might me remnants of this. ...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV inside of a container.

Quote from kze: “Is it doable? ” Nope. OMV doesn't work in a container. I fail to understand why you Ubuntu as the OS (and I am a big Ubuntu fan) if you intend to use it for a NAS? Quote from kze: “i understand how lightweight virtualization…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ISO to IMG.

Quote from burnin: “For some reason there are no special RasPi images right now. ” And there won't be. Raspbian Buster Lite is very good and the install script makes it easy to get OMV installed correctly and up to date.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

Quote from motox22a: “Portainer needs a password or something..guess you have to signup? ” No. It wants you to create an initial username and password. This isn't signing up anywhere on the internet.