openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I used this image for my Raspberry Pi 4B and I notice it uses Armbian which I never heard of. All my other Pis use Raspbian and I'd like to keep it the same so it can be consistent w/ updates and packages as I'd like to eventually use Ansible to manage my devices.
    Is there any particular advantages of OMV on Armbian?
    Would it run just as well if I flash Raspbian and then manually install OMV?
  • New

Hello,

I had a RAID 6 array with 6 drives sd[bcdefg]

I added 3 drives and tried to create a new stripe to temporarily move the data too. When I tried to create a shared folder on the new striped array I got a huge error in the UI and everything took a crap. When I rebooted all raid volumes were gone, including the original good volume.

The filesystems are "missing"

For some reason md127 says it's now a raid0 array.

Examining the disks they are all RAID6 except sdg is RAID5 now? I have no idea why...

They say there are 5 raid devices, when there should be 6.

sdg seems to be royally borked and for some reason was used when I tried to create the new stripe.

root@omv:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sdb
    /dev/sdb:
    Magic : a92b4efc
    Version : 1.2
    Feature Map : 0x1
    Array UUID : 519165ce:33fd48e1:1b948ddf:db836d5a
    Name : omv:volume1
    Creation Time : Sat Aug3 11:00:10 2019
    Raid Level : raid6
    Raid Devices : 5

Avail Dev Size : 19532611584 (9313.88 GiB 10000.70 GB)
    Array Size : 29298917376…
  • New

Hi,

I'd like to be able to access my OMV's BD Drive in a new docker image I'm setting up. I've used this guide to set up the typical docker images - forum.openmediavault.org/index…ic-NZBGet-ruTorrent-Sona/ and wondering if there are any environmental variables that need to be addressed in order to access the BD Drive.

edit - just to add, these are the flags that need to be passed to the container - how would I do it through the gui?:
    --device /dev/srx \
    --device /dev/sgx \

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Installed OMV updates - Dockers Missing

Does OMV work better on Armbian or Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 4B?

OMV 4 to OMV 5

Gretchen

RAID Array Disappeared

• seed
  • seed

seed

Two omv's

crashtest

Recent Activities

• Majorpayne -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Installed OMV updates - Dockers Missing.

Thread
    I installed all the updates recently and now my dockers are gone. Docker is not installed and I'm unable to reinstall docker.
  • omvmax -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Does OMV work better on Armbian or Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 4B?.

Thread
    I used this image for my Raspberry Pi 4B and I notice it uses Armbian which I never heard of. All my other Pis use Raspbian and I'd like to keep it the same so it can be consistent w/ updates and packages as I'd like to eventually use Ansible to manage…
  • crashtest -

Liked seed’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 4 to OMV 5.

Like (Post)
    I just wanted to share that a migration I did from OMV 4 to OMV 5 went very well. I have an external array attached to a Xeon pc. I had an i5 CPU around so decided to build a mitx setup for testing. I installed OMV 5 from USB, launched the GUI, rebooted…
  • Gretchen -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 4 to OMV 5.

Where would you rate the experience? ;) repairs.png
  • seed -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) RAID Array Disappeared.

So I was able to get the array back but with only 5 drives. mdadm says it's clean but that isnt true as it should be 6 drives in the array. This was a major blow up and almost catastrophic as I was moving drives from the NAS to the new OMV arrays, where…
  • seed -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) RAID Array Disappeared.

Thread
    Hello, I had a RAID 6 array with 6 drives sd[bcdefg] I added 3 drives and tried to create a new stripe to temporarily move the data too. When I tried to create a shared folder on the new striped array I got a huge error in the UI and everything took a…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Yep, In my case I have a backup server with the same settings, users, permissions, etc., regularly replicating the primary server. If the primary fails, I move to the backup where a second copy of all data resides. There's zero down time.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BD/DVD Drive in Docker.

Add them to the Extra Arguments line with a space in between each argument. Here's an example line with a few arguments. forum.openmediavault.org/index…bb8b22273bb4192569acb8562
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Yes, most certainly. I have several, in pairs, like that. Works great! I recommend it! (Hidden Content)
  • Currymunster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Thread
    Not sure if this is in the right place but here goes. Can I have two separate omv installs on two separate storage servers so one can be synced to back up to the other? James