openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello community,
    Excuse my bad english.I am French speaking.
    I have a dedicated server with a single hard drive of 500Gb. I installed Debian 9.4 thanks to the management interface of my dedicated then OMV with SSH.
    In OMV I can see my hard drive of 500Gb but I can not select it. He is not present when I see him select him.
    How-is it possible to select my hard drive?
    Thank you 8o
    Robby
  • New

Hi,

not so sure how to explain what I try to do, but I hope it makes sense.

I have a Debian Linux Computer and run OMV on it. I use the VirtualBox plugin.
    Over the browser I can access my virtual machines from any pc connected in the network, including the pc that has OMV on it.

My OMV pc is not located in the same room as my router, therefore it is connected via WIFI to the router (lan is no option)

Because of this, virtual machines are slow.

Is there a way to connect to OMV / virtual machines without routing things to the router that is connected via WIFI?

Thanks
  • New

Hello everyone,

i am running an OMV server since some time totally unattended. the last few days i was unable to access the server via its name but only via the ip adress.
    recently i was gettinge problems with permissions when processing nzbget downloads with sonarr. so i wanted to remove the plugins and install more recent versions via docker. to remove the plugins i wantet to access the webui, but it was not possible. after rebooting the machine is is still not possible, while all the services are still available.
    after some digging i found the following error:

Source Code

1. nginx: [emerg] duplicate listen options for [::]:80 in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui:35
    changing the port to some random number gives me the same error, just with a different port number.

any idea how to get the webui running again?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

ASUS XG-C100C with OMV

chriz77

Kimsufi dedicated server

Docker Plugin

geaves

Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI

geaves

OS Drive almost full due to Docker

AlphaZev

Recent Activities

• chriz77 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x ASUS XG-C100C with OMV.

Hi, will this nic work with OMV4.x? Thx! Chris
  • Robby -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Kimsufi dedicated server.

Thread
    Hello community, Excuse my bad english.I am French speaking. I have a dedicated server with a single hard drive of 500Gb. I installed Debian 9.4 thanks to the management interface of my dedicated then OMV with SSH. In OMV I can see my hard drive of 500Gb…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Docker Plugin.

Ok after the debug log output I just checked the watchtower log file: Source Code (9 lines)It appears that Heimdall has updated....so why the errors in the debug log. Also by adding --cleanup into Command under Extra Arguments watchtower will remove…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Found the solution under extra arguments there is a an option Command in there you enter --cleanup --interval 21100 then once the container is running under the column Command you get /watchtower --cleanup --interval 21100
  • AlphaZev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OS Drive almost full due to Docker.

Just want to say thank you for finding this and sharing it. I have 2 servers with 72GB SSD's for the OS's, and recently installed Resilio-Sync. The log files were over 68gb and maxed out my OS drives, not letting me access the webUI. I FTP'd in to the…
  • dant220 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Seagate IronWolf 4TB 3.5 Internal NAS HDD SATA 6Gb/s (ST4000VN008) same issue here.
  • tlauvaidemnepo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnapshot needs to much space on target.

Hey, I experience exactly the same. The same configuration was working and after migration to OMV 4 (current version) the backup doesn*t create Hardlinks anymore. I compared some files from the current backup and the one before and although its the same…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Latest Docker plugin update.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from TechnoDadLife: “For the future of docker, I found this: Cockpit ” I've been testing cockpit for months on my omv test VM. It doesn't seem to have any docker features that I can find. It is more for managing one…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

• satanas17 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

Quote from macom: “In case you want to try a different mirror: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…pt.html?highlight=sources ” Hi, Thanks for advice...everything is good to collect...It's my first attempt with OMV and it,s for a friend who's not really…