openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Upgraded: 6th HDD don't show up. Because of M.2?

crashtest

What is the stable version on 02/2020

Agricola

How can I tune monitoring/notifications?

volvo64

HHD expansion PCIe card

gderf

rrdcached error messages after reboot

majortim

Recent Activities

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgraded: 6th HDD don't show up. Because of M.2?.

You could do an M.2 to USB3 adapter, and boot the system on a USB3 port.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread What is the stable version on 02/2020.

If you are installing on some kind of a Raspberry Pi, 5 is your best only option. If you are using some other sbc arm board you could go either way. If x86, I would say stay with 4. Just my opinion. If you have a strong backup strategy and/or not very…
  • Adoby -

The latest stable release is 4.xx. The version 4.1.13 you mention is for openmediavault-clamav 4.1.13. A antivirus package, I think. The latest OMV4 update is openmediavault 4.1.34. Just install OMV4 and update everything and then you will have the…
  • gderf -

If this is your first foray into OMV, I suggest using v 5.
  • Eduardo Jonck -

Posted the thread What is the stable version on 02/2020.

Thread
    Good evening,What is the latest Stable version of OMV?I say this, because on the website is that the latest updates are for 4.1.13. On the SourceForge website is 4.1.22. There at SourceForge there are also 5.X versions.Which is really the most stable at…
  • volvo64 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How can I tune monitoring/notifications?.

• mikebetz42 -

Why not just add 8 connections... Something like: ebay.com/itm/LSI-SAS-9210-8i-8…060b05:g:x2EAAOSwD5td-tQs Much cleaner cabling and would use your case to its full potential of 8 drives. -Mike
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread HHD expansion PCIe card.

Quote from JoeyWoz: “Interesting proposition. I had always assumed HBA's were only compatible with SAS drives It will be a while before I'll need external drive chassis, but the option is there. I bought a case to accomodate 10 drives in the build I…
  • majortim -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) rrdcached error messages after reboot.

Coming back to this issue. After I saw a change in the changelog regarding /var/run -> /run, I updated OMV to 5.3.4. I checked /etc/default/rrdcached and still found /var/run in it. So I executed omv-salt deploy run rrdcached. After that the new paths…
  • johnvick -

If your M.2 is SATA replacing it with NVME/PCI-E should free up the sixth SATA port. I bought a 2 port SATA PCI-E card from AliExpress very cheap and has been working fine for several months.