openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there!

I have 2 sharedfolders on my RAID-array. How can move files between those folders? Sadly there's no fileexplorer in OMV. :/

When I use WinSCP over SSH to move the files it just makes a copy and then deletes the old file. When I do it over smb it's the same thing. When I try to move large amouts of files this will takes days which is stupid.(and unnecessary)
    Is there any solution that can really "MOVE" the files in milliseconds on the same drive just like Windows can? Moving files via command line is not an option.

I'm new to Linux so I don't want to install 50 different fileexplorers just to find out that all of them only "copy+delete" instead of "move". Moving files inside the same sharedfolder works just fine over smb.
  • New

Hello,

My OMV V2 server OS drive died over the weekend, so I have now installed OMV V4. My old OMV server had 2 RAID drives, a RAID 1 disk and a RAID 5 disk. Both drives were working fine and the S.M.A.R.T. status was green.

Once the install was completed, both RAID volumes are shown in the RAID Management section (/dev/md126 & /dev/md127). When I go to the File System section, OMV has only picked up the RAID 5 volume(/dev/md126, which I successfully mounted) but does not list the RAID 1 volume (/dev/md127).

If I run cat /proc/mdstat I get the following:

Personalities : [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid10]
    md126 : active raid5 sde[1] sdf[2] sdd[0]
    1953262592 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [UUU]

md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdc[2] sdb[3]
    1953383360 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]

unused devices: <none>

Any tips on how I can get the system to see the RAID 1 volume in the File Systems section?
  • New

Hi there,

After having some troubles I installed a freshly OMV 4 to a brand new SSD.
    OMV 4 is running on a HP ProLiant MicroServer gen8.

During installation the installation manager was able to start the ethernet interfaces... via DHCP they got IPv4.

But, after starting OMV 4 from SSD, I always get the error that "no ethernet interfaces are available". Having this error for some days now after installation.
    Before having this trouble, OMV 4 was running on the same server without any problems.

Executed "ip link status" for getting more informations...

Hoping for a solution...
  • New

Hello,

After my actual OMV 4.x-installation was not able to find the ethernet interfaces of my HP Proliant Microserver gen8 anymore, I decided to install a freshly OMV 4 from USB to a new SSD-System-Disk.

Installation was no problem. The installation was able to find the ethernet interfaces.

But, at the end of booting the system-ssd, this error message occurs and the WebGUI does not start:

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV can´t find ethernet

geaves

NextCloud is no longer running in Docker Image (PHP7.3)

macom

ASRock H370M pro4 ethernet not recognized

macom

Can't move files between shared folders on the same array

macom

OMV Server goes off line

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV can´t find ethernet.

Quote from Blebbens: “No way to install from OMV-image to system-ssd on ODD-port ? ” Would this be of help, that's why I use USB, but I have a hdd connected to the odd port which I could change for an ssd.
  • Blebbens -

No way to install from OMV-image to system-ssd on ODD-port ? Technically, I can not explain what is happening here.
  • geaves -

I've seen those connection refused errors before, but having searched the forum I can't find one that was solved, but I did find something that allows you to boot from the ODD, configuration is done from iLO. I use a GEN7 but OMV is installed on a USB…
  • Agricola -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Best choice to upgrade.

Like (Post)
    If you go for SD card, make sure to get an A1 rated card. On my HC-2 I found the difference is very noticeable when it comes to installations and updates. Probably not during normal use.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NextCloud is no longer running in Docker Image (PHP7.3).

Did you install Nextcloud within a docker? If yes, you should use a nextcloud image. Has everything to work out of the box (except advanced database and letsencrypt). Because it is one working package you avoid issues like you seem to have.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASRock H370M pro4 ethernet not recognized.

BTW: when OMV5 becomes stable you don't have to reinstall. You just need to update.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Can't move files between shared folders on the same array.

Quote from TheBadFrag: “Moving files via command line is not an option. ” Maybe midnight commander is an option? Has to be started on command line, but then you have a minimal graphical interface. Install with apt-get install mc run with mc
  • ontorugs -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASRock H370M pro4 ethernet not recognized.

• macom -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

If you go for SD card, make sure to get an A1 rated card. On my HC-2 I found the difference is very noticeable when it comes to installations and updates. Probably not during normal use.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

Quote from @Dyfcom: “there is an option to use a eMMC Module ” You cannot add or remove the eMMC module without first removing the Sata hat. Stick with an SC-card. You will love the M4.