openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

After I restart I can't ever pull up the web interface. My server is headless, so have had to attach a monitor, log in to the CLI and run 'dhclient'.
    Before that command "ip addr" shows the default local IP.
    As soon as I manually run this dhclient command, the webgui loads instantly.
    This wasn't the case until I moved the server into another room, attached to another switch (layer 2, un-managed). At that time, I also removed a graphics card and sound card. I've got to assume those are totally unrelated.

This seems weird. Any ideas?
  • New

First, thanks to all that have built OMV and are working on the OMV5 update.

I know there is a OMV5 beta already out there, but I am not feeling that experimental right now. Is there anywhere that lists what the major changes, new features, and/or improvements that are expected to come with OMV 5? I tried looking through the forums, but no luck.

Is the plan to move most of the extras to containers?

Also, is there an estimate (feel free to be conservative on this) as to when OMV5 is expected to be feature complete? More so looking to figure out are you like a month or two away, or like 10+ months away from releasing most likely.
  • New

Wondering if there is an automatic ad intelligent way to manage the file load of the drives in a UnionFS array?
    By default the array is set to 'existing path, most free space'. Which generally makes good sense. But I have large drives in the array and am filling it with data from 2 root folders. The behaviour so far seems to be that it's just going to fill up the first drive, then move onto the next drive.

I'm coming from FlexRaid. It had a setting "Auto Merge with Balanced Space Priority" which balanced the disk space usage. Is there a way to do that with UnionFS?
  • New

I have notifications on, with all options enabled.
    I got this email a few hours after I turned notifications on.
    /etc/cron.hourly/openmediavault-flushmailq:
    postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory hold: No such file or directory
    run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/openmediavault-flushmailq exited with return code 1
    Anything I should worry about?
  • New

Hello.

I've a OMV system with an ide hdd for system disk and a raid 5 data disk.

I've build a second machine (debian server based) and what I want is to use it as backup server for various backup purpose but primarily for omv system disk (the meta data are about 60gb).

Can you suggest and solution ? I prefer not to go into any omv plugins but to call scheduled backup directly from the server (ideal solution remotely from a web interface through the same network (i have build a rasp vpn so i can reach it from anywhere))

Thank you in advance.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Deactivate Email-notification for login?

tetexxr

How to get SMART on external drives

electron

Backing up system disk

Adoby

nextcloud update procedure

Samba with LDAP backend using Jumpcloud DaaS

w3services

Recent Activities

• tetexxr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Deactivate Email-notification for login?.

The same thing is happening to me with the latest version of OMV 4, and it is very annoying, every time I login I receive an e-mail. I think that some bug has been introduced with some of the updates, since previously this did not happen.
  • electron -

Replied to the thread How to get SMART on external drives.

Quote from tkaiser: “Ah, RPi folks switched to the next LTS kernel already. May I ask for new armbianmonitor -u output to get the bigger picture? ” Sure, here it is ix.io/1Jrg
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Backing up system disk.

Like (Post)
    Or just move /var/lib/plexmediaserver to the data drive. And backup the data drive like normal. Or possibly sync/copy /var/lib/plexmediaserver to the datadrive before a backup.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Backing up system disk.

Or just move /var/lib/plexmediaserver to the data drive. And backup the data drive like normal. Or possibly sync/copy /var/lib/plexmediaserver to the datadrive before a backup.
  • tullsta -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud update procedure.

Thread
    Hello, after reading for quite some time, i'm still not sure how to update nextcloud. I have nextcloud 15.0.2 running in docker container on OMV 4. When let watchtower update nextcloud, the new image is installed properly: Here from the container…
  • w3services -

Wrote a comment on irishbitte’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hi,

I saw your post and just wanted to know if you fixed your issue.

I am getting an error like -

May 19 11:54:14 openmediavault smbd[7754]: 0000200A: objectclass sambaDomain is not a valid objectClass in schema
    May 19 11:54:14…
  • w3services -

Replied to the thread Samba with LDAP backend using Jumpcloud DaaS.

I am also getting error like - May 19 11:54:14 openmediavault smbd[7754]: 0000200A: objectclass sambaDomain is not a valid objectClass in schema May 19 11:54:14 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start Samba SMB Daemon. -- Subject: Unit…
  • jericho -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Backing up system disk.

Like (Post)
    What metadata? I suspect that metadata should be on some other disk/partion instead of the OMV system drive / root filesystem? That way you don't need to backup the OMV system drive except after major reconfiguration. If you move the metadata to the…
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread Backing up system disk.

You are right! I forgot to mention that I've plex installed alongside on system disk. I suppose I can clonezilla remotely but I was looking something more, like duplicatti plugin but I don't to integrate any plugin in the server :s
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) OMV 5 Objectives and expected changes.

Quote from ThePhoenix: “Also, is there an estimate (feel free to be conservative on this) as to when OMV5 is expected to be feature complete? ” openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/releases.html As for the features I don't know whether there's a full…