openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I'm new to OMV and the Raspberry Pi, but I'd like to build a Pi 4-based NAS to which I plan on backing up my Win10 PC using Macrium Reflect via Gigabit Ethernet using PoE as the sole source of power.

1. Any reasons why this won't work? Any issues I should be aware of?
    2. The series of beginner videos here on the forum look like they're perfect to get me started. I've just glanced at them so far, but one comment stuck out: you need to use powered drives. I'd like to use a single spinning disc (for capacity) and was hoping it could be powered by one of the USB 3 ports on the Pi 4. Has anyone successfully tried this yet (maybe on a Pi 3)? Am I out of luck?
    3. It looks like OMV v5 is supposed to support the Pi 4 and v4 does not. True? I know the v5 beta's available now. Any ETA on the final?

Thanks!
  • New

Just upgraded to version 5 (fresh install). I use a NFS share as my ISO datastore, worked fine with version 3. After changing to version 5, every time I mount the NFS in ESXI it does not map to the correct folder, but the first one on list in /etc/exports. After comparing the /etc/exports for both version 5 and version 3 I noticed that the version 5 fsid all equal 1 unlike the previous version that they are all unique. Any ideas on what caused this or how to correct it?
  • New

My OpenVPN installation on OMV 4.1.23-1 Arrakis stopped working a few weeks ago, and I have tried to troubleshoot by searching through forums and digging through client/server settings. Still not working.

This evening, I uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and replaced certificates, but I have not made it work.

My OMV installation is on a Thinkserver TS140, and up to date on OMV 4. I only run NAS for my family, and serve media through PLEX. I maintain a 3-2-1 backup strategy. I use and OpenVPN client on iOS, and through Tunnelblick on MacOS.

My iOS client suddenly stopped working this summer, and I also noticed that my MacOS client wouldn't connect. I verified that my installation hadn't changed AFAIK.

I need expertise help, please!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Permission denied

drewgost

Issue with OMV5 and ESXI

krejler

Plex on Docker - looking for servers

WastlJ

OMV 5.0.5 released????

WastlJ

TDL Let's Encrypt tutorial --network error

Nefertiti

Recent Activities

• drewgost -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied.

Understood, I will look into upgrading to 4 Thanks
  • krejler -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Issue with OMV5 and ESXI.

Have the exact same issue. SMBShare work perfectly fine. Running omv on esxi 6.7 host. First NFS share works fine, second, third, fourth and so on pointing to first share when mounting it even when mounting it localhost on omv.
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex on Docker - looking for servers.

Na das kann ich dir nicht sagen, ich weiß ja nicht, welche shared folders du in deinem OMV angelegt hast. Ehrlich gesagt würde ich dir stark empfehlen auf eine Anleitung von irgendjemandem zu warten. Denn für mich sieht es so aus als wolltest du OMV…
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) OMV 5.0.5 released????.

I suggest to use the search function first... Yes. Some are already testing OMV5 on a RPI4. "Officially supported" - what exactly do you mean? votdev will not provide special hardware support for anything. When it runs Debian, it will run OMV.
  • bat0nas -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) OMV 5.0.5 released????.

Hi all! I'm absolutely new to OMV and this forum. Quick question: Has anybody tried to install v5 on Raspberry Pi 4? Is Pi 4 officially supported?
  • donnied -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (development) OMV 5.0.5 released????.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Mr Smile: “When you then visit the official download page (sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/) OMV 5.0.5 is the newest version that is not marked as beta. I understand why you want to wait for the release of Debian 10.1 but I…
  • ramus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex on Docker - looking for servers.

wie manuell. wie lautet denn da der pfad bei mir, hab ich noch nie machen müssen unter debian mit omv :) kannst mir eine kleine hilfestellung geben wo meine platten liegen die ordner weiss ich ja wie sie heißen :)
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread TDL Let's Encrypt tutorial --network error.

Quote from Morlan: “FYI: blog.linuxserver.io/2019/04/25…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/ In the section about reverse proxy is interesting information about the .conf files. If your docker network is functioning again you should consider changing back to the…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Plugin installation failure on OMV Raspberry Pi 4 image.

You are trying to install a plugin for OMV3 on a OMV4 system. This won't work.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Issue with OMV5 and ESXI.

It seems you hit a bug. Can you open a issue at tracker.openmediavault.org please? Tracking bugs in the forum is not great. If you create the issue you'll get notified about changes or when we need more info.