News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot manage to configure SSH+key using putty

Initializing OMV at boot Debian

mr.G

Snapraid Disaster?

gderf

I'm running NextCloud within a docker container in OMV. How can I backup the database periodically? (from Techno dad life tutorial)

robster

Help: Just did apt purge php7.0*

gderf

Recent Activities

• mr.G -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Initializing OMV at boot Debian.

Quote from Rd65: “# ls -la /usr/share/mkconf/iptables.d ls: cannot access '/usr/share/mkconf/iptables.d': No such file or directory whatever you mean... this path is wrong. ” I took this path from the documentation. And you are right, there is no…
  • mr.G -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Initializing OMV at boot Debian.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mr.G: “How does boot occur at system startup. It interests me to understand the order of launching systemd services and scripts from /usr/share/mkconf/iptables.d. ” There is a service that start openmediavault-engined. The mkconf scripts…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

First thing I would look at are the power cables - do the disks spin up and get warm? Unionfs (mergerfs) just presents a pool of disks. It doesn't alter the data on them - each disk stands alone so you can look at them individually.
  • curious1 -

[I don't know why, but every time I submit a Reply, I get an Error Occurred. But the Reply goes through anyway.] Quote from gderf: “Boot into the BIOS and see if the all the disks show there. If not, find out why. ” You're right @gderf. In BIOS,…
  • Am I able to just backup the data in the appdata folders rather than entering maintenance mode through entering the container? I'm looking to automate this with a cron job say once a week or so.
  • curious1 -

You guys are funny! Because I DEFINITELY feel like I'm stuck in that roundabout. Or like the one Chevy Chase was stuck in in National Lampoon's European Vacation. At any rate ... Quote from crashtest: “Once you get into the GUI, shutdown and reinsert…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help: Just did apt purge php7.0*.

I would try this from the console or shell: apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
  • crashtest -

Even with the two disks showing, something "appears" to be going on with them. I'm not sure which attributes trigger the red light, but it's not good. You'd need to go into SMART, the DEVICES tab, click on a disk, then the INFORMATION button, and look…
  • crashtest -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Like (Post)
    Boot into the BIOS and see if the all the disks show there. If not, find out why.
  • floppy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Help: Just did apt purge php7.0*.

Thread
    Pastebin TextHello, for Nextcloud I had to install php 7.2. Everything worked fine. Then I purged php 7.0 with following command: Source Code (1 line) OMV is no more available, it's gone. nginx: 403 Forbidden How can I restore my OMV installation? ?(