openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi All,
    my new NAS hardware has 2 LAN port (2.5G and 1G), so i want to do link aggregation with them, which connected to a DD WRT router (it also support 802.3ad at port 3 and 4)
    however, i read in the OMV document that SMB and other applications are not support multiple path. so individual SMB file transfer speed still limited to single interface speed.
    my question is will the link aggregation benefit in multiple applications scenario, like SMB and bit torrent (Transmission Client)?
  • New

Hi,

i am trying to install open-vm-tools on OMV 4.1.34 on ESXI 6.7.

I did:

apt-get update

apt-get install open-vm-tools

And at the end it shows the following:

Source Code

1. .
    2. .
    3. .
    4. Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u4) ...
    5. Processing triggers for systemd (232-25+deb9u12) ...
    6. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f91101f5598>
    7. Traceback (most recent call last):
    8. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    9. TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    10. Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f91101f5598>
    11. Traceback (most recent call last):
  • New

Hi to everyone.

I am new to openmediavault. I just switch from free nas.

I have managed to install the omv just fine 505 version and it vorks great on my system when configuring only a single drive and sharing.

Now I am having a problem with creating a raid 6barray. The resync speed is terrible low 59kb and it's stuck at 4% for 2 days now.
    On my freenas system the raid card was working perfectly with transfer speeds of up to 120 mbs

Can anyone give me any help with this?

My sistem is ryzen 2200g, 32gb ram. 120gb ssd for operating system, raid ls 9210 i8 hba raid card controlling 8 2gb seagete consumer grade drives.

Please help

Thanks

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV auf einem Raspberry Pi 4

omavoss

clamav error WARNING: Istat() failed on

votdev

Clamav Antivirus not working anymore after update

Windowseat

Moving shared folder contents with MC after relocating shared folders to another drive.

Nick0

Increase storage with RAID 0?

HannesJo

Recent Activities

• omavoss -

Replied to the thread OMV auf einem Raspberry Pi 4.

Hey Mike52a : Viele Menschen in Deutschland benutzen eine Fritz!Box oder einen Speedport-Router als Verbindung zum Internet. Diese beiden Geräte besitzen einen (oder mehrere) USB-Port(s), dort könntest Du Deine USB-Platte anschließen und hättest dann…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) clamav error WARNING: Istat() failed on.

Please post the last 20 lines of /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd and the whole file /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.clamd. Please also post the complete clamav error message without removing parts from it.
  • Mike52a -

Replied to the thread OMV auf einem Raspberry Pi 4.

Hallo omavoss, doch das habe ich schon verstanden was ein NAS Laufwerk ist, aber ich hatte auch geschrieben das ich den Raspi nicht als NAS Laufwerk haben wollte, sondern nur als, wie soll ich sagen als Adapter, um meine USB 3.0 Platte an einem LAN…
  • Windowseat -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Clamav Antivirus not working anymore after update.

Thanks votdev, I have installed OMV 4 a long time ago and keep it updated through the OMV management only and regularly. I assume this means I am using the latest clamav. There is nothing else on this server than OMV which is Debian based as I…
  • Nick0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Moving shared folder contents with MC after relocating shared folders to another drive..

Quote from Adoby: “Either move the data as root: sudo mc. Could be dangerous... Or login over SSH as a user that is a member of the group users. And move the data using mc. Or, better still, using rsync -ar. Shared folders, and files in shared…
  • Nick0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Moving shared folder contents with MC after relocating shared folders to another drive..

Quote from DHGE: “difficult... to diagnose from here might be rights problems what if you run mc as root? ” Well, I don't think that its permissions as I can see the contents of the original directory in mc before I move the shared folder using the…
  • Adoby -

Liked HannesJo’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Increase storage with RAID 0?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crashtest: “There are two separate issues here:- First, backup is not just a good idea, it's required if a user/admin wants to insure their data is not lost. - Second, if one disk is lost when using RAID0, all data on both disks is lost. …
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Increase storage with RAID 0?.

I just noticed that we both had quite the same discussion in my thread about ZFS Requirements. lol Right now I'm playing around with a BTRFS setup with 2 stripe disks. The advantage is that I do not have to install any extra plugins. If a disk fails, I…
  • Adoby -

Either move the data as root: sudo mc. Could be dangerous... Or login over SSH as a user that is a member of the group users. And move the data using mc. Or, better still, using rsync -ar. Shared folders, and files in shared folders, are by default…
  • thedarkness -

Replied to the thread Severe issue with openmediavault-mergerfsfolders.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “omv-extras 5.2.5 fixes the systemrescuecd ssh issue. sshd was running but systemrescuecd 6.0.4 added a firewall. I added nofirewall to the boot arguments and it works as expected. Just click install systemrescuecd…