openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Troubles with the installation of the e1000e intel driver (I219-V)

ObiWahn

OMV on RPi4 along Steam link

Power Saving - audio disable

Transmission Error

How recovery RAID and filesystem without format

crashtest

Recent Activities

• ObiWahn -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Troubles with the installation of the e1000e intel driver (I219-V).

Nobody has an idea? Maybe someone has a good guide for installing kernel-moduls under Debian 9?
  • ExRaspberry -

Posted the thread OMV on RPi4 along Steam link.

Thread
    Hey fellows, I wonder if it's time to buy an RPi 4. Runing an old Banana Pi M1 for ages (since 2014) and it offers enough power for me. As I just upgraded my computer I wonder if a RPi4 would be suiteable to run OMV along Steam Link, so I could move my…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread How recovery RAID and filesystem without format.

While this event fresh in mind, think real hard about "backup" as in two full copies of data you want to keep. As you now know, RAID is not backup.
  • maciekelga -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk turn off automatically in random time.

So after more than one month disk is still running with disabled UAS. Only what I observe from time to time is a problem with mounting disk after reboot. I set up weekly reboot and few time disk was unmounted after that. I need to disconnect disk from…
  • immanueln2005 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HardDisk gets automatically unmounted.

Ok.. another update. I connected the same hard disk, with its enclosure, to a desktop running USB.. and had constant writes happen for a over a day... things seemed normal.. so I am sure this is not a hardware issue.. The issue now boils down to…
  • Stampey74 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV extra, docker letsencrypt redirect.

Thread
    Hi I have installed and configured letsencrypt, with openmediavault extra, on the linuxserver / letsencrypt and nextcloud docker.I have addressed nextcloud on a duckdns domain in https with letsencrypt without problems, now I would like to address the…
  • Shinobi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Jackett downloads/blackhole directory not working.

Thread
    Hi, I installed Jackett and configured the config and downloads folder like this config = /appdata/jackett/ downloads = /appdata/jackett/watch config is fine, but when I do a manual search and click on the "download locally" button on a result,…
  • pd77 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x degraded RAID1 recovery from QNAP.

Thread
    Hello, I have 2x Seagate 8TB that was installed in a QNAP TS-251+ System before. Configured as 2 "Single"-drives but it seems QNAP create a "pseudo" raid? Now I want to integrate into my new OMV-4 system without dataloss. I have a Backup but there ist…
  • wesleyliekens -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best way for plex server.

So on the link I got I found this: Linux & NAS In Linux and on NAS devices, the preferences.xml file in the main Plex Media Server directory contains the corresponding settings. So, that means there isn’t anything else special that you need to back…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best way for plex server.

The easiest and most efficient is probably to just install directly on the NAS. But if you also want to use other software things can quickly get messy. Then docker is a very good way to keep things more organized.