openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

i try to fix some omv errors and want to read samba logs.. - as defined in smb.conf -> log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    but samba create files in /var/log/samba/log.ipaddress with a leght of 0
    i found that there is a buggy entry "logging=syslog" which depends on that.

You can use syslog... or logfiles like these in /var/log/samba/ ... but if you set both, that will go wrong!
    the problem is..."logging=syslog" and the logs are hardcoded strings in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/samba.d/10global
    Now i removed the buggy "logging=syslog" and all things fine. so please - on the next omv4 update, fix that.
    i don't want to fear the next update... and do it all again...
  • New

Hello again!

I am trying to set up a datapool for my two SD cards with Union Filesystems, but the plugin crashes every time I am trying to transfer data to the pool. The SD cards are connected via two different USB-ports on my Rock64. In the future, the two SD cards are going to be replaced with two HDDs, but in the meanwhile I am just playing around.

This is what I do:
    - Mount the to SD cards --> named "ALPHA" & "BRAVO"
    - Create a pool with the UnionFS plugin (version 4.0.2) (Create policy: Most free space.) --> named "DATAPOOL"
    - Create a shared folder connected to the pool --> named "ALLDISKS"
    - Give user1 read/write-permissions to "ALLDISKS"
    - Share the folder "ALLDISKS" with Samba
    - Trying to transfer some data to the shared folder via my Windows computer
    - This error shows up in the WebGUI:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export
  • New

Can we get a ZFS specific section in the Storage section? Please

I installed ZFS file system and raid on my newly build box...would like to track down or help if I can

Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array monthly?
    I already have it set to do short S.M.A.R.T daily, long S.M.A.R.T weekly, and Conveyance weekly as well...would like to schedule a scrub as well
    blogs.oracle.com/wonders-of-zf…isk-scrub-why-and-when-v2

Thanks again for such a GREAT distro!!!! FreeNAS may have ZFS but if you don't understand FreeBSD then it's kinda a moot point (learning curve is rather steep)...but debian/ubuntu/a HUGE amounts of distros out there are easy to understand and tweak...plus they are quite compatible and if a problem is found/fixed on another distro..95% of the time (or more) it will work a champ on OMV.
  • New

Hello Everyone!

I am going to build my first NAS. The goal was to be xheap and also not power hungry.

Here will be my hardware, still waiting for some parts.

- Case: Cooler Master Elite 120.
    - MoBo: ASRock E350M1
    - RAM: Will be 2 Gb DDR3 (for now)
    - PSU: Be Quiet! System Power B9 300w bulk (80+)
    - 4 HDDs 1Tb each.
    - 1 SSD 32 Gb

This will be use manly as a fileserver with RAID 5 with OMV.

But I am also thinking about maybe using proxmox, virtualize OMV and Daphile for playing music from one folder shared by OMV.

Will this configuration be enought?

I am a bit affraid that would be short and more of it, i am a bit affraid not too puch confident to have OMV as a VM.

Hope my questions are not too dumb.

Waiting to read you.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected"

Mumbedeus

Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions

Steini

Union Filesystems Plugin - Errors: (OMV) 'Transport endpoint is not connected' - (Finder) 'The operation can't be completed because the original item for "x" can't be found.'

Mumbedeus

logs in samba server

ryecoaaron

Rock64 slow usb3 transfer speed

kimbaz

Recent Activities