openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi
    btrfs-convert can convert an ext4 drive into a btrfs one, but on an unmounted drive. What's the best way to proceed with OMV? With OMV running, to force unmount from a shell (umount -force), call btrfs-convert then change drive type in /etc/config/openmediavault/config.xml ? Or do it offline by booting on a usb drive and then changing the config.xml ? What do you think about it?
  • New

Hi
    I'm using btrfs on a dedicated drive holding lxd containers, and I am today thinking to also migrate my data and backup drives from ext4 to btrfs.
    Yet, I read several benchmarks notably those of phoronix.com (
    phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-50-filesystems or phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux55-ssd-raid ) saying that btrfs and zfs were noticeably slower and something very slower than ext4.

What's your thoughts about it? Have anyone compared between ext4 and btrfs or zfs on the speed level, notably for shared drive access and backups?
    (I know btfs and zfs offer plenty of extra features compared to ext4, I mainly wonder if there is a significant performance cost to use them versus the plain old ext4)
  • New

Hey guys,

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) with OMV 4.1.34-1
    I have a Seagate Expansion 2,5" HDD connected via USB 3.0
    After setting up a file system and copying the files back on the HDD (from my Windows PC), the system worked a few days.
    Now the Pi disappears randomly in my network, especially when I try to copy files on the HDD.

The Control Panel does not show the device anymore and at file system the status is "missing".

Does anybody know what the problem is?

p.s.: sorry for my English ;)
  • New

Hi...I want to copy around 200Gb from an external drive to a share, which is also on a USB external drive. When I try to copy I get an error that I don't have permissions on the receiving drive. I would like to know how to set these permissions to copy from the attached drive or even from the network. I tried everything I could think of but didn't want to make a big mistake which is why I need to copy the 200Gb. I made the external drive's folder into a share thinking I could copy from there to the OVM share...but no luck. Help!! Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Way to migrate a drive from ext4 to btrfs in OMV?

btrfs (and zfs) slow?

Shared folder passwords forgotten

vaultluke

OMV ejects(?) volume

Problem after web login...

kapsel2105

Recent Activities

• Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Way to migrate a drive from ext4 to btrfs in OMV?.

Thread
    Hi btrfs-convert can convert an ext4 drive into a btrfs one, but on an unmounted drive. What's the best way to proceed with OMV? With OMV running, to force unmount from a shell (umount -force), call btrfs-convert then change drive type in…
  • Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x btrfs (and zfs) slow?.

Thread
    Hi I'm using btrfs on a dedicated drive holding lxd containers, and I am today thinking to also migrate my data and backup drives from ext4 to btrfs. Yet, I read several benchmarks notably those of phoronix.com (
  • vaultluke -

Replied to the thread Shared folder passwords forgotten.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “As @macom has written log out / log in or a reboot are proven methods in Windows to solve a lot of strange problems. Did you have done this already? If this doesn´t work you can connect with a SSH client e.g. WinSCP to the…
  • Raistlin666 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV ejects(?) volume.

Thread
    Hey guys, I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) with OMV 4.1.34-1 I have a Seagate Expansion 2,5" HDD connected via USB 3.0 After setting up a file system and copying the files back on the HDD (from my Windows PC), the system worked a few days. Now the Pi…
  • kapsel2105 -

Replied to the thread Problem after web login....

Yes. Login and password are fine. Another password causes an incorrect password message. after logging in does not go further, this should be the OMV control panel.
  • hrseldon -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Pihole Web interface doesn't load anymore.

Thread
    I'm running OWM4 on Raspbery Pi3b+ . I installed Pihole docker "Techno Dad Life"'s setup guide a few months ago and it was working fine. All of a sudden web interface doesn't load anymore. I didn't make any changes on the docker image. I deleted the…
  • LynnReid -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Copying fromexternal drive to ovm share.

Thread
    Hi...I want to copy around 200Gb from an external drive to a share, which is also on a USB external drive. When I try to copy I get an error that I don't have permissions on the receiving drive. I would like to know how to set these permissions to copy…
  • ette -

Replied to the thread TimeMachine wie?.

Hi WastlJ, könntest du mal erzählen, wie man das stabil einrichtet?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Problem after web login....

Make sure you login with the user name: admin Default password is: openmediavault
  • kapsel2105 -

Posted the thread Problem after web login....

Thread
    Hello. After logging in to the www panel, I receive something like this: Error #5004: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid user' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:167 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(31):…