openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Dont know if this would belong in the OMV forum or the virtualbox forum, but im fairly new to OMV and i was able to successfully set it up to access my server remotely. the only major problem im experiencing is that when i set up the VM it defaulted to my shitty wifi card where if you try and transfer ANYTHING of size over a couple hundred MB's the server goes offline for a good 5 minutes. I attempted to prioritize the Ethernet card in my computer for the VM to use, but OMV still refuses to and will only work through the WIFI card, is there any way to change this without resetting my VM?
  • New

I'm trying to install OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. I installed the image on a SD card (4 times using both dd and Etcher and it did verify) I power on the RPi and wait. I try to connect (Safari & Chrome) and the connection is refused. I try to log in via ssh, it finds the computer but logins fail. I hook up a console and can log in vi root.

Now comes the interesting part. My DHCP server (Pi-Hole) records that the connection and reports the correct IP (mac locked). I can ping by IP address only, no DNS resolution. I can see that the DNS/gateway has been configured correctly in the logs but it seems like OMV ignores my DNS server unless specifically told to to use it.
    host debian.org <- not found
    host debian.org 192.168.0.242 <- debian.org found just fine.

Needless to say the normal install boot fails because it cannot find any domains outside my local network.
    From OMV I can ssh/ping only IPs, no hostnames.

Why does OMV not use the DNS server configured suring the DHCP…
  • New

Hello there from france!

First post in this forum, I'm running OMV since few days on a Proliant microserver Gen10, I'm more a windows guy, that's why I choose omv, but now I'm stucked
    I have an old Qnap TS-412 in which I plugged a drive, formated with ext4 and copied over all my data.
    When I mount it in OM & create share folder it's fine, but I can't see any data on it, but the disk free space show me it's there hidden, like if I wasn't allowed to see them.
    I tried to change ACL, but same issue.

How could I solve this, google research didn't help much ?

Thank you for your help :)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

2 or more OMV computers, 1 network file system?

Agricola

SFTP Plugin and ZFS

takiyon

Change network adapter

no DNS after boot.

TBM

Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

TBM

Recent Activities

• Agricola -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Does OMV work better on Armbian or Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 4B?.

Like (Post)
    WIth OMV 5.x, I recommend using Raspbian Lite (not the full image with the desktop environment!) on all RPis and installing OMV using my script. Since Armbian doesn't really support the RPi family, I think Raspbian Lite is a better choice. I spent a…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread 2 or more OMV computers, 1 network file system?.

Plex can display content from several servers in one PMS GUI. We watch media on an Apple TV and the Plex app handles several Plex servers with no problems. Not that I need more than one server to handle all of my media. I just like to install OMV on…
  • takiyon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SFTP Plugin and ZFS.

So i finally was able to install the SFTP server in a docker container. Atmoz/sftp seemed like it works well.
  • sirrab -

Replied to the thread 2 or more OMV computers, 1 network file system?.

gderf: 1st computer has no additional SATA ports. And I have a few LGA775 motherboards, why not use them as additional OMV boxes. I can put these motherboards in a couple mini-towers. Adoby: Looks like I need to do some more research. Some of your…
  • ckordas -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Change network adapter.

Thread
    Dont know if this would belong in the OMV forum or the virtualbox forum, but im fairly new to OMV and i was able to successfully set it up to access my server remotely. the only major problem im experiencing is that when i set up the VM it defaulted to…
  • TBM -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x no DNS after boot..

I manually added my server to /etc/resolv.conf and can ping any device from my OMV machine by name. When I reboot, the mods go away and I'm right back to where I started from :(. How do I configure this manually so that the edits stick?
  • TBM -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

I believe I am having the same issue with DHCP. I'm using PiHole for my DHCP and DNS. It works fine for the 20-30 other devices on my network but there must be some quirk that I'm running into.
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Deluge on OMV4.

Quote from saimer: “Quote from dalepmay: “What I did to get Deluge working with OMV4 was I installed deluge, deluged, and deluge-web using the terminal, use the deluge console to enable web connection, and set the daemon to run at startup. Now I can…
  • Blabla -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Deluge on OMV4.

Like (Post)
    Just like anything else, there is a learning curve to use docker. I didn't find it difficult. There is a tutorial here, but it doesn't explicitly cover Deluge. It was written after I started with dockers on my own, so I am not familiar with it. OMV +
  • Blabla -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Deluge on OMV4.

Like (Post)
    I run Deluge in a docker on OMV 4 without any problems. You could also install Deluge manually, but the docker is much cleaner. There are two chances that Deluge will wind up being an omv-extras plugin for OMV 4: zero and none.