openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

Is there any way to update the default Nginx Common in OMV 4?
    I was trying to but I managed to mess up the system and now I'm reinstalling it... :/

So, can I update Nginx to the newest version? I'd like to use it as a webserver.

Best regards,

Matt
  • New

hi,

in omv3 i just used remote mount to mount the data partition on my pc to get rsync working to "backup" my users folder.
    runs good, only "problem" if my windows host was down (on workingtime) i got sometimes a massage in omv web gui that some communication error happens - that was just because the remote mount wasn't available - but all other stuff worked - so it was ok for me ;)

on omv5 its simular - but - i can't access File System or Shared Folders in webgui (and with the last, i can't change settings to any other plugin that need access to shared folders) until my wndows pc is startet. All Settings that are done will work, like FTP or SMB but i can't for example add a new SMB share.

soo;
    is there a way to setup remotemount that way, it will mount my pc share if it is online, and dismount it if the pc goes offline?
    or
    anyway to use rsync to sync my users folder with remote setting of rsync?
    or
    a other backup that runs on omv and is able to pull my files from the windows…
  • New

When you running shell script of Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) on clean debian 10 install you get two errors. First you need install gnupg, to be able to addkey. Second you need to make oneliner of "apt-get --yes --auto-remove --show-upgraded \..." otherwise you get E: Sense auto is not understood, try true or false.

So this is not issue this is just how to solve it, if someone like to.
  • New

All:
    I have a Raspberry Pi V4 with 4 GB of RAM and a Samsung USB 500 GB SSD.
    I want to buy another Samsung USB 500 GB SSD. End game is to run both SSDs in a Raid 1 configuration using OpenMediaVault V4 on the RPI 4

Does anyone know if this configuration/combination will work:
    OpenMediaVault V4
    Raspberry Pi 4 4GB RAM
    2 Samsung USB 500 GB SSD
    Configured for Raid 1
    Also does anyone know if the Flash Memory plugin will work with the above i.e. OMV V4?

Thanks in advance
  • New

Hi All,

when apply configuration after to have enabled Samba I've this error:

Errore #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run samba 2>&1' with exit code '1': /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/jinja.py:503: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working if isinstance(values, collections.Hashable):debian:

My version is 5.3.4-1.

See the complete error report on attachment.

Thank you!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Transmission and RSS feed

Meguinness

Lost webui after update

b0n3z

rrdcached error messages after reboot

votdev

Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5

becksworth

Installing LSI MegaRaid Storage Manager on OMV 5.33.4 (Debian 10)

EasyRhino

Recent Activities

• Meguinness -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transmission and RSS feed.

• b0n3z -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Lost webui after update.

finally got Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from b0n3z: “Anybody having this problem? Got a fix for it? ” Nope. This is something specific to your system. You are going to have to plug a keyboard and monitor in to see what it is doing. Maybe the…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) rrdcached error messages after reboot.

Maybe collectd is started before rrdcached at startup. A Systemd unit file can be customized, maybe that is the way to go. Need to check that.
  • becksworth -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Quote from becksworth: “Hey all, I followed TechnoDadsLife video to a T on youtube. The problem I am having is that when I start up the container. I am getting a continual loop of "starting plex media server" in the log. I have attached a picture…
  • EasyRhino -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Installing LSI MegaRaid Storage Manager on OMV 5.33.4 (Debian 10).

I was about to feel pretty dumb, because I'm a noob and there's nothing on site the hw-raid site that really indicates what megamgr is for. when I download the .deb and look at it.. it looks like it's for older SCSSI and SATA cards from 2004.
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved BTRFS no space left - kernel 5.4 bug.

You must install OMV Extras Plugin. There you find a Kernel TAB. Just click "Install Proxmox Kernel", select a Kernel, set as default, reboot.
  • daveb -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Why I'm going to use btrfs.

Synology doesn't use BTRFS RAID but layers MDRAID (and some of their own code, I believe) underneath BTRFS, so they don't worry about the earlier BTRFS RAID issues. See: synology.com/en-global/knowled…ile_System_on_SynologyNAS In my opinion, I would…
  • becksworth -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Hey all, I followed TechnoDadsLife video to a T on youtube. The problem I am having is that when I start up the container. I am getting a continual loop of "starting plex media server" in the log. I have attached a picture below. The web ui is not…
  • mirada -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x guter Rat ....

So, die "5" scheint nun fertig zu sein. Habe aber noch ein paar Fragen: Das einzige was nicht über Plugin geht (was ich allerdings brauche) ist nach wie vor cups. Ich muss cups doch eigentlich nicht über ein Docker-Image laufen lassen - da blicke ich…
  • patman2097 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved BTRFS no space left - kernel 5.4 bug.

Quote from HannesJo: “@patman2097 are you on Kernel 5.4? If yes, just reboot on kernel 5.3 or 4.x. That worked for me. I cant help about your firstaid check error. Have never used that. ” how do i just reboot on kernel 5.3 or 4.x.? sorry not sure of…