openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Here's my situation:

I was using a WD Red 12TB HDD with my Odroid HC2, a Data drive. Not sure if it matters, but HC2 was running OMV4. This 12TB Data drive should be formatted EXT4, nothing exotic, no partitioning, etc. This drive has all my Movies, TV shows, software, etc.

I recently built a new OMV Server running OMV 5, 6 x 4TB drive software RAID 0 array. I removed the 12TB drive from the HC2 & installed it in my new server, thinking it would be faster to move the files internally to the RAID array from the 12TB HDD over the internal SATA bus than over the network (if I'd kept the 12TB drive in the HC2).

How do I "import" the 12TB drive into my new server without formatting it, so that I can transfer all my data from the 12TB drive to the RAID array?

I'm trying to avoid having to put the 12TB drive back into the HC2 to transfer the files over my network (server has 10GbE, but HC2 is only GbE).

Thanks
  • OMV4 to OVM5 upgrade issues OMV 5.x (beta) Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x

nrand

New

hi, I have upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5 this when OK, However, I need to re-gen the fstab file. I did this doing the following:

Shell-Script

1. ovm-salt deploy run fstab
    This produce a non-working fstab, relevant section below:

Source Code

1. # >>> [openmediavault]
    2. b616b60c-896a-4ffb-93a7-ffea1c206951 /media/b616b60c-896a-4ffb-93a7-ffea1c206951 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    3. b5bc14e4-183a-449f-a21d-8744e0bd3627 /media/b5bc14e4-183a-449f-a21d-8744e0bd3627 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    4. # <<< [openmediavault]
    If the fstab is inspected the leading 'UUID=' is missing from both the auto generated part of the fstab and…
  • New

Hi all,

i am a rookie, please apologise my lack of knowlede.

I cloned my omv system drive from a 250GB Samsung SSD to a 32GB Transcent SSD by following this howto from bvrulez:
    How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD
    It worked flawlessly, after exchanging the Samsung with the Transcent SDD on the SATA connector, the system booted and everything is working like a charm.

But now, i can see timeout events in the syslog, three times per hour 24/7.
    Somehow, the system still wants to do something with the old disk.

I also do not have the 'old' samsung ssd available anymore.

Any Ideas how to get rid of this are very welcome.

thank you.

Source Code

1. Jan 22 00:10:30 ATLAS systemd[1]: dev-disk-by\x2duuid-056f6074\x2d907b\x2d41b7\x2d8ec8\x2dcbf3275cb8a4.device: Job dev-disk-by\x2duuid-056f6074\x2d907b\x2d41b7\x2d8ec8\x2dcbf3275cb8a4.device/start timed out.
    2. Jan 22 00:10:30 ATLAS systemd[1]: Timed out

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5

Agricola

Boinc on your home server?

ness1602

Couldn't find mirror for Raspberry Pi

Rsync pull - Host key verification failed

xammu

error at removing shared folders

gertvo

Recent Activities

• Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

• ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Boinc on your home server?.

maybe you can set boinc folder on host to 777(not usually recommended) ,and then see?
  • WARRIORS -

Posted the thread Couldn't find mirror for Raspberry Pi.

Thread
    Hello everyone, I recently found on the official website that the official website could not find a mirror of the Raspberry Pi. What is going on? :)
  • xammu -

Replied to the thread Rsync pull - Host key verification failed.

hi For the archive and others with this problem. go to the OMV server via SSH as root. "root@<omv>" connect via SSH to your RSYNC server. "<any Username>@<pi-ip>" accept the hostkey by entering 'yes' login or disconnect. The problem is a missing entry…
  • KM0201 -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread What are people who use OMV called?.

Like (Post)
    smart
  • gertvo -

Replied to the thread error at removing shared folders.

Hi, Perhaps a little update... Now it looks that the shared folder "film" on the remote mount is removed... but earlyer I wasn't able to remove this shared folder nor the remote mount...
  • gertvo -

Replied to the thread error at removing shared folders.

Hi, The SMB/CIFS services and users are already removed... You can't even delete the shared folder if you don't. The problem comes up when you clicked the yellow apply settings button. Waht happends if you reboot the server? Does OMV builds the shared…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot create socket to localhost:2812 -- connection refused.

Run omv-firstaid and select option to configure network interface.
  • gabs247 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot create socket to localhost:2812 -- connection refused.

I have no assigned network address, so can't get to the GUI. Any ideas how I can solve the problem? I do have two network interfsces, maybe I should disconnect one? I've just left it in the box as a backup netowkr jnterfsce....
  • gabs247 -

Replied to the thread OMV using a USB drive.

Ok, I read to try logging in as root. That gives me an error when trying to configure network interfsces,: Failed to execute command, which says something about monit monitor collectd cannot create socket? Connection refused