Problem installing on a AMD G-T56n machine

Adoby

Letsencrypt, nextcloud, duckdns with TDL video tutorial

boozedawg

Permission denied

Adoby

Recent Activities

• Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Graphics issue when starting install.

Just for infirmation, for those who are interested: after setting BIOS > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings > "Above 4G Decoding" to Disabled booting the OMV 4.1.22 installation stick was successfull. Booting OMV 5.05 installation stick was also…
  • Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Graphics issue when starting install.

Just for infirmation, for those who are interested: after setting BIOS > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings > "Above 4G Decoding" to Disabled booting the OMV 4.1.22 installation stick was successfull. Booting OMV 5.05 installation stick was also…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 problems after install.

Quote from Wumpus: “Didn't try proxmox yet ... it is 4.15, while I currently have 4.19 (with OMV 5.05) which is long-term maintenance. However lets see when I've got some time I might test that. ” The proxmox kernel on OMV 5.x is 5.0 (from proxmox 6.x).
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem installing on a AMD G-T56n machine.

If the screen or display doesn't work, but the OMV web GUI is OK, then you don't need a display. In fact I have six OMV servers running and none of them even have anything to plug a display to. Instead I use the web GUI and ssh to login remotely. OMV…
  • boozedawg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt, nextcloud, duckdns with TDL video tutorial.

It should be but I'm not able to convert it to the nextcloud. I realize that I shouldn't be having this much trouble with it. I'm gonna have a friend go over everything with me today step by step and be a second pair of eyes and hopefully he can catch…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied.

/etc/passwd is not a command. Perhaps you are doing something wrong if you are having problems upgrading or getting updates? That is my thought. Why are you messing about with putty and ssh? What is it that you can't do in the web GUI? Do just one…
  • drewgost -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied.

Thread
    Hi everyone this started and cant resolve it. simple command like /etc/passwd I get Permission denied logged in as root on PuTTY Also can't upgrade or get any Updates Thoughts? Thanks Drew
  • Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 problems after install.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The following should fix it. ” :thumbsup: Thanx, that did it. :D . Just spent a like... Didn't try proxmox yet ... it is 4.15, while I currently have 4.19 (with OMV 5.05) which is long-term maintenance. However lets see when I've got some…
  • Wumpus -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 problems after install.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Wumpus: “However, just trying a plain installation by installing omv-extras and then just selecting the zfs-plugin from the GUI failed, so I think I need to dig in it somewhat deeper; but that is out-of-scope of this thread. ” The plugin…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x XML error with noexec and omv-mkconf fstab.

Thanks! Well, sometimes things are simple.