openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all,

Got an issue and a question about mergerfs.

First up, I'm running OMV 5.05 installed on a VM inside Proxmox 6. I've currently got two Seagate 3TB drives passed through to the OMV VM.

I've successfully created a mergerfs filesystem, but am having problems creating multiple mergerfs filesystems on the same two drives.

As the attached screenshots will show, I can create more than one, but when I go to share them in "shared folders" section, they all come up with the same name! I've tried destroying them and re-creating, but the same issue occurs.

My questions:

1. Has anyone else encountered this? Or know how to fix it?

2. I guess I could just create multiple shared folders within the single mergerFS (thus ignoring but not solving the original issue), what would be the upsides/downsides of doing it this way instead?

Any thoughts would be great :)

Thanks
  • New

Hey OMV Guru's, quick question for your all.

So, I'm planning on having a few external USB drives (HDD's) to backup my central stuff on my OMV server, one external drive per one internal drive, so the external is an exact replica of the internal.

My question is this.

If I go down this route, is OMV/USB Backup using /dev/ identifiers or UUID's? Since I will be using multiple drives what I don't want to happen is two or more external drives (only one drive will be connected at any one time) to end up with the same /dev/sdx identifier and thus overwrite whatever is on disk B because it thinks it's disk A.
  • New

xteve.de/

Admittedly, Yes I am a major Linux noob, so that's probably my problem.

I 'installed'/started Xteve as root and realized this was not recommended. How can I undo what I did? I used Winscp to delete the .xteve folder it created in root. But now, when I 'reinstall' it, after I go to to provided host/port, IP:34400, it takes to me an xml looking page w/ txt and no gui.

I think I need help installing this as a 'regular' user. I created a 'dawg' account, but how would I install the xteve bin file as dawg. I tried, but says dawg doesn't have access to certain folders. I'll have to re-run it for the error msg.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Enable Samba to stores DOS-style permissions

Blabla

Best choice to upgrade

Adoby

mergerfs and shared folders

miniDLNA change db path

fbohnen

Advice about microSD card

Adoby

Recent Activities

• Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Enable Samba to stores DOS-style permissions.

No one know if enabling support for DOS attributes can mess with my ACL? :(
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

Yes, I have two HC2 running with 16TB Exos X drives. Works fine! It takes my current "storage strategy" to the extreme: Several tiny cheap (relatively) SBCs running OMV, each with a single huge expensive HDD, connected together via nfs, autofs and…
  • KM0201 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    I'd vote for leaving portainer as it is. It's not realistic for users to expect portainer to be 100%, "out of the box", compatible with *ALL* Docker images/containers that currently exist, or those yet to be created. In a similar manner, I wouldn't…
  • j1a -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) mergerfs and shared folders.

Thread
    Hi all, Got an issue and a question about mergerfs. First up, I'm running OMV 5.05 installed on a VM inside Proxmox 6. I've currently got two Seagate 3TB drives passed through to the OMV VM. I've successfully created a mergerfs filesystem, but am…
  • fbohnen -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved miniDLNA change db path.

@macom THX, there you see, that I'm not too far into Linux yet :huh: . I haven't even thought using a symlink to bend the dir to my DB SSD. I've to read and try that.
  • fbohnen -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved miniDLNA change db path.

@ryecoaaron THX, The reason, for moving it, is that I keep a very strict data storage guideline to myself. Kind a obsession ;) . I do have an extra SSD for all DBs, that can be moved, e.g. mysql.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Advice about microSD card.

OMV only use about 8GB. And of that 8GB most is free unused but available storage. You can still safely use a bigger card. I do, without problems. A bigger card might be considered a waste, but as I said above, you can see it as a form of over provision…
  • fbohnen -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved miniDLNA change db path.

Like (Post)
    Quote from fbohnen: “Has anyone an idea how to solve that? Pleeeese ” Stop manually changing the config file. Read problem #8 - forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/ That said, there is no way to change it without changing the…
  • rutenrudi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive very slow while writing, very fast while reading?.

I wanted to start to investigate this further, using different cables and probably USB ports, but when I switched off the Pi it won't boot ow anymore. Welp. Let's see where this goes.
  • HRSCR -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

I think that the Docker platform should regulate the issue of ports and that Squeezebox should change the ones it is using because Portainer, although it is a container itself, is the "host" of many applications. I do not think it is OMV's task to solve…