openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all,

I'm new to OMV, did build an own NAS machine and the setup and first steps are done. Big thanks to the developers and all supporters, great work!

Here's one beginner question I'd like to clearify: Let's say I've attached 2 HDD's via SATA in the NAS running OMV and would like to transfer files internally in OMV. (without shared folders). Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? Or does that "interfere" somehow with OMV's right's management or something?

Thanks in advance!
  • New

Hello

I have tried to install your youtube video instructions Openmediavault NAS software but I have a problem. When I put the apt-get upgrade command, that command does not do what it would have to do, and I'm not asked yes / no. Nor does the window open to you in the terminal. You see my problem in the picture. I really don't know what to do. Thanks for help!

My Raspberry Pi model is: Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Problem image link: aijaa.com/3HX7nB
  • New

Hi everyone!
    I was wandering if I'm the only one that is thinking to install boinc on my home server since al 99% of the time is in idle.
    I already have it on my computer desktop, and I think that it would be cool to have it on the other computer too.
    Of course I won't give it too much CPU (20%/30%, not more), but it still something!
  • New

TechnoDadLife wrote:

Today, we install Bitwarden, a password manager, on our Openmediavault server.

After making this video, I did see that you can create a free account on the Bitwarden website to use the mobile apps.
    Thanks again for your video! As always I love them!
    Just a question: why you suggest to install the rust fork instead of the original bitwarden? Is the installation and configuration of the original bitwarden the same?
    If not, can you make a video with the original bitwarden too? I just feel safer to use the original bitwarden :(

For reference: those are the original container's: hub.docker.com/u/bitwarden

P.S. I saw that you did the same thing with netdata too. Why you choose the titpetric container and not the netdata?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

No Network adapter after update, no usb

DiN0

Copy files internally via ssh allowed?

o_neill

How to restore from an omv-backup?

bvrulez

urbackup update is available

Christian2

Raspberry 3B+, Speedproblem, slowing down

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• DiN0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved No Network adapter after update, no usb.

HeyHo, yesterday i tried to install an realtek_8111.deb (not full name) from 2016 - after this it worked with Kernel 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 --> reboot --> LAN, YEAH 8o then i tried updating through omv-web-ui Kernel 4.19...and realtek-firmware -->…
  • o_neill -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from o_neill: “Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? ” If source and destination are shared to SMB or AFP clients and…
  • bvrulez -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Like (Post)
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Thanks a lot! Actually, he meant the SystemRescueCD. But your hint showed me an aspect of OMV-Extras I never discovered before. So that means I can use the Web-GUI to start the server in a live-iso-mode to make a clone of my system disk or restore a…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x urbackup update is available.

Just in case anybody else has the same issue: I had to clean the cache of the repository. Cannot say exactly what it finally made, but I used "apt clean" from System / OMV-extras Update Dropdown and I executed something on the command line as root (found…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Quote from o_neill: “Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? ” If source and destination are shared to SMB or AFP clients and use mismatching share…
  • bvrulez -

I don't understand the first line: "Boot systemrescuecd - if you installed the iso from omv-extras, it will be in your grub menu." If I installed which iso? --- I made a backup using fsarchiver. Can I use this command from command line of my running…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry 3B+, Speedproblem, slowing down.

Quote from AnBad: “Is the transferred data via iperf saved to the SD card as well and included in anyway in the measurements of iperf? ” No, that's just networking without any storage activity involved. And yes, a bunch of small files takes longer to…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Why is nowhere to be found a guide on how to restore a backup?