OMV and encrypted partitions

ralph99

Error on updating packages

tkaiser

Plex Update

gderf

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Server 2008R2 unable access samba shares OMV.

Quote from tkaiser: “Windows 2008R2 should already default to NTLMv2 as does the Samba version OMV4 uses. ” I had the chance today to test this at a new client. Connection attempt from the domain controller called 'Win2008R2' to 'OMV4' (obfuscated…
  • ralph99 -

Replied to the thread OMV and encrypted partitions.

I heard that it's important to make a header-backp of encrypted partitions... Can that be done in the GUI of OMV as well? Thank you! Ralph
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Error on updating packages.

Quote from gilbertotron: “I better upgrade then ” But as already mentioned you might run into troubles with this approach too: 3.0.99 (Erasmus) Update issues
  • gilbertotron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Error on updating packages.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from gilbertotron: “Any ideas where I could look to fix this? ” The OMV version you chose to remain on (OMV3) is EOL for a year now. The upstream package source has also been abandoned (that's the 'invalid since 172d 10h…
  • gilbertotron -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Error on updating packages.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gilbertotron: “Any ideas where I could look to fix this? ” The OMV version you chose to remain on (OMV3) is EOL for a year now. The upstream package source has also been abandoned (that's the 'invalid since 172d 10h 22min 0s' message). So…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you use docker, you could just update the image to get a new version. ” It's even simpler than that, if the container is properly setup. All you have to do is restart the container when a new plex version is available and…
  • turziko -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Anu speculations when the next generation of RK3399 chip will be released? Or it will be the best one for a long time?
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Adding new User - PW unknown.

Just fyi, you dont need to restart ssh, it uses pam anyways. In my opinion permitRootLogin is only a good idea, if there server is only reachable from intranet, and there is no iot crap in it. Or you got some port knocking protection.
  • Askbruzz -

Replied to the thread I need some info for my future server - Nas.

Quote from Adoby: “I prefer to re-encode in advance instead of on-the-fly. It makes much better image quality possible. I have a few crazy high bitrate 4K HEVC videos. That is the only media I can't play over wifi directly to my clients. I had Emby on…
  • striscio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk Usage empty.

Hi, I'm in the same situation of the OP. PNG files for disk usage are correctly generated but not shown in the web interface. Also tried Netdata: beautiful but too much for my needs and doesn't store long term data. Any idea for a possible solution?