News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700

• KuZu
  • KuZu

URBackup Server NEWBIE

Morlan

Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue. Incorrect username and password.

votdev

Port Knocking - possible?

Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer

raulfg3

Recent Activities

• KuZu -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700.

Thread
    Hi everyone I have been doing a lot of research lately on NAS Os's and I always seem to get stuck. I have used FreeNAS before but it would seem like FreeNAS and ZFS do not allow for hardware RAID unless the controller can be flashed to "IT Mode", I have…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

That's why my images have the uid/gid options. To avoid permission problems on the host. If all works out the images on my repo should be ready tomorrow. Which image did you use?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue. Incorrect username and password..

The kernel does put a filesystem into read-only mode with reason, so you have to check your hardware. What hardware are you using? How is the device containing the root filesystem connected? USB?
  • tannaroo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

yes! success i managed to get urbackup working by using another image, so am playing around with it. thanks to you/geaves for your help and patience. one thing that I've noticed is that everytime i do a backup to my specified folder, it creates a…
  • KVL -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Port Knocking - possible?.

Thread
    Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to configure Port Knocking in the firewall which comes with OMV (it is Iptables, right)? If possible, can anyone point me to a guide or hints on how to configure it? Best regards K
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer.

Post service minidlna status, mine is: (Hidden Content)
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) can't reach Nextcloud setup with with Docker.

Are letsencrypt and nextcloud connected in a docker network?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Reach OMV from WAN without porting.

No. omv offers no cloud outgoing service. You will have to look for a third party solution (paid probably) or implement your own. A vpn tunnel link with certificate is your best option imo.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread Which filesystem.

Quote from el_pedriyo: “ I have external backups for all that data, so in case I lose 1 drive, there is not much hassle to recover it. ” Good to know you have backups. Because if you're using RAID0 and you lose 1 drive, you lose everything.
  • omavoss -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Thread
    Hello, everybody, there's an update for Plex. A Plex Media Server Update for OMV-Server is available! 1.18.2.2058 What can I do to update the Plex plugin for the OMV server? Many thanks and kind regards.