Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid not distribute data evenly.

I assume that new files will cause the same folders to be created on more drives, as new files are added and spread. The existing folders and files should remain where they are, unless you run the mergerfs.balance script. Changing from epmfs to mfs…
  • OldHat -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disaster Recovery.

For any other OMV noob who comes across this thread in future and who wants a bullet-proof keep-it-simple-stoopid way to backup their OMV system disk: - Cloning the system disk - as recommended in this thread and elsewhere in the forum by others -…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid not distribute data evenly.

I did some back up. My concern is whether the existing path will still work after change it to MFS option.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Planning New OMV Server build - Question on Drives: Mix SSD & HDD in RAID 0?.

I haven't tested it, but I assume that you could use bcache with OMV. It would require you to partition and format volumes outside OMV. But then OMV should be able to use them. Then you could have a NVMe drive that works as a cache for the SATA hard…
  • happyreacer -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer from OMV4 to OMV5.

Thanks @ryecoaaron So that was a problem of understanding. I thought Porteiner is an administrative container for the other docker files. But that doesn't really make sense if I start a container into which I start again.
  • johnnymcc -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

I know a lot of people use a USB stick as the system drive, but I just don't like the idea. Using an SSD is fine for me. When I went to buy it, the only smaller one I could get was a 128G but I didn't like the make. The 256M was about US $30. Not too…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsync Backup und Daten zurück holen.

Quote from Aux: “Na dann sind wir eine BMW Familie [e61 Touring] Sorry für OT aber manchmal muss es auch sein ” Ach, das ist ja nett. Ich freue mich immer, wenn jemand eines unserer Produkte sein eigen nennt - und besonders, wenn er auch zufrieden…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Quote from johnnymcc: “If the drive is larger and I want the whole drive partitioned or if the drive is smaller, won't the partition table need to be different? ” If the drive is larger, it doesn't have to be unless you want to use all of that space.…
  • johnnymcc -

If the drive is larger and I want the whole drive partitioned or if the drive is smaller, won't the partition table need to be different?
  • Aux -

Replied to the thread NAS mit OpenMediaVault auf Webpage einbinden um Videos abzuspielen.

Unter Umständen könnte sowas funktionieren aber ich bin skeptisch wenn es um das Performance geht, da dein Internet Anschluss müsste schon schnell sein wenn die Video-Clips qualitativ gut wären. Ich würde lieber sowas über Youtube realisieren,…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) cron apt error.

Use omv-firstaid to clear the locale package repository.
  • Also ich würde jetzt spontan auf den USB-Stick tippen, könnte ein Flaschenhals werden. Es wäre besser Debian auf der SSD zu packen, den Jdownloader dann im Docker auf OMV. Einmal konfiguriert funktioniert prima mit MyJdownloader Account und dessen
  • Aux -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsync Backup und Daten zurück holen.

Na dann sind wir eine BMW Familie [e61 Touring] 8) Sorry für OT aber manchmal muss es auch sein :D
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from johnnymcc: “So far I think I'd have to partition the drive first and do a grub-install last before rebooting. Is this correct? Is there anything else? ” You shouldn't have to do either if you restore the mbr and partition table that the…
  • johnnymcc -

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm new to OMV. I'm setting up OMV for the first time. I'm using v 4.1.22. My system disk is a 256G SSD. The system is live and working great so far. Before I dismantle the NAS I'm replacing, I need to make…
  • saiki -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) cron apt error.

Thread
    After upgrading from stretch to buster i get this error message. Can anybody help me, whats wrong with APT? Source Code (8 lines)
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to accomplish automatic sleep/shutdown and power-on with advanced power management?.

Quote from Raistlin666: “push :) im also interested in the topic ” I'm not sure the topic, that you're interested in, but if I guess this correctly, you may be interested in sth. like that: LJnBWjT.png QFCtylQ.png At specific hour time your NAS is…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer from OMV4 to OMV5.

Quote from happyreacer: “My question is, are the settings of the individual containers, such as the included folders or options (TZ, PGID, PUID...) stored in the /data portainer folder? ” The container settings should be stored in the folder you are…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Those are the same permissions I have. I don't know why it doesn't work.
  • Adrian E -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Potential first HDD failure in x4 storage disc HP micro server.

Thanks - I marked this as resolved, as did some further digging and got some advice from an IT tech friend. ordered a pair of new 3TB WD drives at 9pm and they arrived the next morning (one to replace the dead drive, the other as a spare in case the…