Recent Activities

• magnum90 -

Replied to the thread Issues with folders.

Thank you guys! I'll play again and I'll try to simulate my ideal setup :) Probably I'll mess up everything again, but at least now I know how to deal with shared folders XD Thank you again! Ciao, Manuel
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 OMV slow transfer speed.

The PC is slow? Copy to other target to test. Also think about how you copy. Avoid involving extra network transfers. Run checks with iperf. Are there any USB hubs involved?
  • aldrick -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x DLNA and/or Plex problem with RockPro64.

Hello y'all, My DLNA problem is almost solved: I don't know why the Plex DLNA works better on my TV. So I use this one. But I think that my rockpro64 has a problem: I've install Emby to see if it works better but I have the same problem. So I think…
  • lukeboss -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error shown when booting.

Thread
    Hi, I've just installed unionfs plugin tonight to my omv system and merged a couple of my data drives, however upon rebooting I'm getting a "Assertion failed for Mount shared folder zz to /sharedfolders/zz" Is this normal for shared folders on merged…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error #0: - failed to read login_js.json..

Quote from albdr88: “omv-aptclean doesn't help, and omv-firstaid (Clear web control panel cache). ” If you used omv-aptclean and omv-firstaid, you can get on the command line. What is the output of: df -h
  • akhan128 -

Posted the thread Raspberry pi 4 OMV slow transfer speed.

Thread
    Can anyone advise what's wrong with my NAS setup. I have raspberry pi 4 2gb model, originally had omv 4 on it. Kingston ssd attached via usb 3 ext4 format. Using sandisk extreme 32gb micro sd. Pi is connected to gigabit switch, transferring 1gb movie…
  • sm0ke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

Hi there. First thanks to everyone sharing their info in this matter! My first thought was using TeamViewer to remote control (can't get it to work, others also have issues with this. Something about TeamViewer host can't connect to router). But on…
  • sm0ke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

Hi there. First thank to everyone sharing their info in this matter! My first thought was using TeamViewer to remote control (can't get it to work, others also have issues with this. Something about TeamViewer host can't connect to router). But on…
  • Sneakysnakez -

Now follows TechnoDadLife.

Follow
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete docker image.

• macom -

Sorry, then I would use the solution form the other thread. Or wait if somebody else has another idea....
  • Nefertiti -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete docker image.

Thread
    I am unable to delete an old unused docker image. Source Code (9 lines)
  • albdr88 -

Quote from macom: “Try if clearing your browser cache solves the issue. ” + Another computer + Ipad. same problem .
  • MetalGeek -

Replied to the thread 9211-8i HBA not detected after installation.

installing with all drives on the LSI did the trick. I'm in with all disk showing. :) Thanks for the tips to sort this if I re-install and the LIS doesn't show up.
  • MetalGeek -

Replied to the thread 9211-8i HBA not detected after installation.

Quote from subzero79: “So in this file you can add the modules you want to include in your initramfs. /etc/initramfs-tools/modules add at the end you can type the controller module name after that you need to regenerate the ramdisk update-initramfs…
  • MetalGeek -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread 9211-8i HBA not detected after installation.

Like (Post)
    So in this file you can add the modules you want to include in your initramfs. /etc/initramfs-tools/modules add at the end you can type the controller module name after that you need to regenerate the ramdisk update-initramfs -u Then reboot and hope…
  • KM0201 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 0.4.38 Fedaykin problem.

Like (Post)
    Quote from XRS: “Unfortunately my son is not able to help me with this any time soon. Is there anything I can do, given my complete lack of knowledge of how OMV works, to restore the situation bearing in mind I do not want to do anything to risk losing…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/TQbx77KEipE Installation of Openmediavault 5 to one disk.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

I also do as @macom: My HC2 are all running 24/7. But I have my HDDs set to spin down after 2 hours. In OMV (and Linux) there are tools that let you automatically run tasks at certain times. I have my HC2 running automatic unattended backups at around…
  • macom -

Try if clearing your browser cache solves the issue.