Recent Activities

• wolf8auer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x gelegentliche Hänger beim Booten.

Schließe Monitor und Tastatur an deinen OMV Server an. Dadurch sah ich in meinem Fall die Meldung: [ 31.075696] FAT-fs Cmmcblk1p6): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck. Give root password for maintainance (or
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved How to share folders with Nextcloud.

You could try chmod -R 777 médias, but it should not be neccessary if the owner of the folder and your nextcloud user are identical.
  • wolf8auer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x "Assertion failed for mount Shared folder ......

Connect to your OMV server via SSH or FTP. Since I don't like opening text files with CLI editors like nano, I use an FTP client (Transmit (OSX)) that can open text files with my preferred Editor(s) (Brackets, Sublime Text).
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Access to files from Internet.

• guizmogwai -

Here what it says: drwxrwsr-x+ 2 Damien users 4096 mai 24 08:25 médias (Damien is me as user) And many thanks for your help and your time !
  • maciekelga -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Access to files from Internet.

Thread
    Hi, Currently I`m using OMV 4 on Rock64 as home NAS. I have a disk connect via USB 3.0 and share files via Samba to my Windows notebooks. Part of those files are share via NFS to my TV (Kodi, Samba is not working on Kodi for some reason, files are not…
  • Morlan -

what does the ls command say about the permissions of the folder?
  • guizmogwai -

OK so the user is me... Do I have to create a new user (the one I created in Mariadb) to be the owner of this folder?
  • Morlan -

If you log in via shell (e.g. Putty or Shellinabox) locate the parent folder via the cd - command and the use the ls -l - command
  • guizmogwai -

I set PUID and PGID same as mariadb (PGID 100 , PUID 1000) and also TZ. But no change... can't do anything in my storage file... I'm a bit lost How to see wich user have the rights for my file?
  • Morlan -

Its worth a try to set the PGID/PUID. For me it worked: forum.openmediavault.org/index…tory-and-SMB-permissions/
  • guizmogwai -

For the configuration I followed a tutorial and in nextcloud in docker I didn't put any (PGID/PUID) only in Mariadb (PGID 100 , PUID 1000). Do I have to do the same in nextcloud? For the shared folder I set permission for me and admin...
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Crashes every morning.

Plug in the drive. And possibly reboot to mount it or run "sudo mount -a". Then remove the drive using the GUI. 1. Disable any services that use shares on the drive. 2. Disable or remove any shared folders on the drive. 3. Unmount all filesystems on…
  • Morlan -

Which user (PGID/PUID) did you specifiy when setting up your nc-docker? Which user owns the shared folder and how are the permissions set?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Network Credentials.

A few pieces of information are missing from your side: which Windows version are you running and which OMV version? Then some information that might be important for what you're experiencing - If you have user accounts on your OMV box that were not
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x "Assertion failed for mount Shared folder ......

I assume that it is OMV complaining about a drive/share that is missing. If you want to remove drives you should do it this way: 1. Disable/remove any services that use shared folders on the drive. 2. Delete/disable any shares folders on the drive. 3.…
  • guizmogwai -

Hello. I tried to add external storage as describe. It works, I can see my external storage in the main page. But when I go to the folder I have a message that said "you don't have permission to upload or create files here". I tried to change privileges…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread Reverse Proxy - Nginx, Traefik, LetsEncrypt, DuckDNS, ... I am lost!.

Quote from RomainD2: “I have reinstalled the LetsEncrypt docker container, and it is working again for NextCloud. Maybe I do something wrong, but I don't remember what. Then, I tried to do the same thing for HomeAssistant (Hass.io). So I have edited…
  • sweetbb -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x "Assertion failed for mount Shared folder ......

Thread
    I removed aa never used HDD from OMV. Nothing has ever been copied to this HDD. Upon reboot I now get this error message: "Assertion failed for mount Shared folder ....." What does it mean?
  • RomainD2 -

Replied to the thread Reverse Proxy - Nginx, Traefik, LetsEncrypt, DuckDNS, ... I am lost!.

I have reinstalled the LetsEncrypt docker container, and it is working again for NextCloud. Maybe I do something wrong, but I don't remember what. Then, I tried to do the same thing for HomeAssistant (Hass.io). So I have edited the…