Recent Activities

• buoncri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x /tmp full urbackup.

I had a similar problem using omv as storage server for veem backup. Veem use /tmp since it is full. The simple solution i use is a cron job that clear /tmp and it seems ok.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud update procedure.

for me it just worked updating nextcloud via the web ui as an administrator.
  • elberton -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x /tmp full urbackup.

Thread
    Hi all. I have a problem with the /tmp. /tmp have 2 GB. I need to reboot every 2 days because /tmp is full. When i navigate to see all file, i see an urbackup tmp file about 2 Gb. When the tmp is full, openmediavault does not work correctly. After reboot…
  • diego -

Replied to the thread Need advise planning new NAS.

First, I'd make a dataset tank0/Media and another one called tank0/Storage. Destroy tank/dataset0 if it's empty or rename it to something meaningful. If I recall correctly (it's been almost 20 years since I last had to deal with samba shares), you have…
  • peterparker -

Quote from tullsta: “Hello - is there any user who could eventually comment on this ” Hi, I don't know if it helps but I use the nextcloud update procedure from within the container. (running 16.0.3 right now) I never updated the container image…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server.

Quote from gtj: “I didn't have particularly high expectations when I bought it but to my surprise it works according to specifications! ” Yes it will it's designed for use with Windows. Quote from gtj: “Before I put them into the enclosure, I…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread How to physically mount HDD caddies in DIY case?.

I would still screw them to the caddy even if it's only 2 screws one in each corner.
  • diyprojectz -

Liked NothingNowhere’s post in the thread How to physically mount HDD caddies in DIY case?.

Like (Post)
    I've used these sort of brackets which work well: scan.co.uk/products/startech-3…r-converter-for-525in-bay (available in loads of places). Otherwise I'd see if the vibration noise is tolerable with tape only. The other thing to watch for might be…
  • diyprojectz -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread How to physically mount HDD caddies in DIY case?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from diyprojectz: “Can I use double-sided tape to attach the plastic 5.25" to 3.5" caddies to the metal parts of the case ” I wouldn't worry about vibration I'd be more concerned about heat as far as double sided tape is concerned. Perhaps some…
  • diyprojectz -

Replied to the thread How to physically mount HDD caddies in DIY case?.

@geaves thank you for suggestion. Below are some photos illustrating my build. These are very WIP - all the excess plastic will be cut off from the caddies. Basically I'll have HDDs in left top, left bottom and right top areas of the case, and sbc with…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread General advice for NAS/file server.

Quote from ThomasH: “Like I said, a lot of my data will be images, video and music, much of which I can replace if lost, but some of it (mainly home-made pictures and video) can't. ” I don't know what you had in mind for data integrity protection…
  • crashtest -

Liked savellm’s post in the thread OMV 4.x ZFS settings.

Like (Post)
    What I did in my case was to remove the ZFS pool for dockers and recreate with just ext4, no issues going forward. Main pool is still ZFS.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x another slow SMb question.

Look at this post, problem #5 for SMB tuning references. But when you throw in the wireless "X" factor, there's so many possibilities. The first thing I'd try is plugging a wireless client, into the wired portion of the network, check the speed, and go…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mellanox connectX3 x353a singleport 40gbe card help.

Quote from patman2097: “Do OMV users usually have to download drivers usually ” No. Usually support for hardware is in the kernel. But, to be supported in the kernel, hardware is generally not cutting edge. Also supported devices tend to be…
  • tullsta -

Hello macom, tag is on "latest": linuxserver\nextcloud:latest just updated the docker container via watchtower to 16.0.3-ls28. here the container-details: "Labels": { "MAINTAINER": "sparkyballs,TheLamer", …
  • dyip -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Print server.

Finally get it to work and I found thread, so I post the link here, if anyone else encounter similar problem can give it a try: CUPS Error under OMV4
  • gtj -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from gtj: “However, I tested all available modes on a Windows PC and does seem to work fine. ” It will, because that is what it is designed for :) Set it to JBOD (Just a bunch of disks) wipe both disks, then set a filesystem on…
  • niemer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Trouble with reverse proxy access to OMV WebUI with Traefik.

You're probably right about traefik not having to be on macvlan, but I ended up just creating my docker network on a second NIC and that solved the issue.
  • gtj -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Attaching Hardware RAID Enclosure over USB to OMV server.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gtj: “However, I tested all available modes on a Windows PC and does seem to work fine. ” It will, because that is what it is designed for :) Set it to JBOD (Just a bunch of disks) wipe both disks, then set a filesystem on each ext4 and they…
  • geaves -

Quote from gtj: “However, I tested all available modes on a Windows PC and does seem to work fine. ” It will, because that is what it is designed for :) Set it to JBOD (Just a bunch of disks) wipe both disks, then set a filesystem on each ext4 and they…